Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just got my 2012 Mustang GT and I love it… When I first got it I could press the voice command button and it will automatically ask me to say something. Now, when I first start it I have to press the music button first then hit the voice command button twice in order for it to work… anyone have any ideas? I figured when I take it in for my free oil change I would ask them to look at this also. Since I am on the subject of SYNC, anyone know any cool iPhone apps that sync with SYNC haha other than Pandora.

Thanks

·
Registered
465 Posts
You might try a factory reset instead of a master reset first. I'd call your dealer first to see if they have any answer for you before you reset everything. I think the factory one only resets part of the system but leaves all your phonebook entries and such intact.
I didn't like sync as much when I first started using it until I set up my own profile, then customized the way she interacted with me. I found it took too long to do things. Now that I have shut off all the prompts and verifications, I rarely find her nagging me. I just hear the announce tone and then the "start listening tone. If she happens to get it wrong (which rarely happens now that I went through the voice training process and set up a profile) it is actually quicker to just say "back" and try it again.
Before I always had to wait for her to say "is this correct" "say yes or no" so try it without all the double triple checking prompts, you will probably like it better.
Maybe if you tried going through the setup again it might straighten itself out.

As far as the Apps, I've searched high and low about anyone talking about apps and cannot find much info except big press releases boasting about the release of the new applink and what cars are going to have it. After those releases, I'm hard pressed to find any info. Its almost as if there was a publication ban lol.

Anyways, I think Ford has dropped the ball on this and have done a horrible job promoting the development of new apps. No incentives I've seen to even write one. Even though I have a 2012 and its suppose to be preinstalled, I think its pretty crappy of Ford not to offer this update to 2011/2010 owners. If they did this, there would be a much wider install base and software writers might think its worth their while to put the time into creating software. I never understood why companies hose their customers on things like this when they sell the Sync system as an "upgradeable system" You can't even find many people talking about it in the Sync forums.

I cant tell you how disappointed I am in the lack of excitement for Sync. It's such a great platform who's potential is not being explored.

Maybe they are so focused on trying to fix the Ford Touch system that they have no time for us.

If you haven't downloaded it yet, try "Stitcher" Its another great media program and it works in Canada too.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You might try a factory reset instead of a master reset first. I'd call your dealer first to see if they have any answer for you before you reset everything. I think the factory one only resets part of the system but leaves all your phonebook entries and such intact.
I didn't like sync as much when I first started using it until I set up my own profile, then customized the way she interacted with me. I found it took too long to do things. Now that I have shut off all the prompts and verifications, I rarely find her nagging me. I just hear the announce tone and then the "start listening tone. If she happens to get it wrong (which rarely happens now that I went through the voice training process and set up a profile) it is actually quicker to just say "back" and try it again.
Before I always had to wait for her to say "is this correct" "say yes or no" so try it without all the double triple checking prompts, you will probably like it better.
Maybe if you tried going through the setup again it might straighten itself out.

As far as the Apps, I've searched high and low about anyone talking about apps and cannot find much info except big press releases boasting about the release of the new applink and what cars are going to have it. After those releases, I'm hard pressed to find any info. Its almost as if there was a publication ban lol.

Anyways, I think Ford has dropped the ball on this and have done a horrible job promoting the development of new apps. No incentives I've seen to even write one. Even though I have a 2012 and its suppose to be preinstalled, I think its pretty crappy of Ford not to offer this update to 2011/2010 owners. If they did this, there would be a much wider install base and software writers might think its worth their while to put the time into creating software. I never understood why companies hose their customers on things like this when they sell the Sync system as an "upgradeable system" You can't even find many people talking about it in the Sync forums.

I cant tell you how disappointed I am in the lack of excitement for Sync. It's such a great platform who's potential is not being explored.

Maybe they are so focused on trying to fix the Ford Touch system that they have no time for us.

If you haven't downloaded it yet, try "Stitcher" Its another great media program and it works in Canada too.
For what it is, it's a B-Square product that is MS psync proper.... that is still giving us new ways of finding things aven after a year.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do you set up your profile while in the car or online? I hate the all the voice prompts it takes too long to get directions.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I also wish to know more about upgrades on ford sync.... so much to learn. wish we sync owners could get some online help from ford support team on this!

·
Registered
498 Posts
There's a new TSB out (11-6-9) that sounds like it addresses this problem or problems like it. It's listed as a 2011 model year TSB, but it might be what's ailing your car.

ISSUE:

Some 2011 vehicles equipped with SYNC® may exhibit intermittent voice recognition: SYNC® is not listening/hearing commands, no response to voice commands or SYNC® responds voice commands not available with this device when using play artist/album/track commands.

ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to perform software update.

Hey everyone,
I just got my 2012 Mustang GT and I love it… When I first got it I could press the voice command button and it will automatically ask me to say something. Now, when I first start it I have to press the music button first then hit the voice command button twice in order for it to work… anyone have any ideas? I figured when I take it in for my free oil change I would ask them to look at this also. Since I am on the subject of SYNC, anyone know any cool iPhone apps that sync with SYNC haha other than Pandora.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
There's a new TSB out (11-6-9) that sounds like it addresses this problem or problems like it. It's listed as a 2011 model year TSB, but it might be what's ailing your car.

ISSUE:

Some 2011 vehicles equipped with SYNC® may exhibit intermittent voice recognition: SYNC® is not listening/hearing commands, no response to voice commands or SYNC® responds voice commands not available with this device when using play artist/album/track commands.

ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to perform software update.
That should have been integrated into a 2012 as old as that TSB is!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Do you set up your profile while in the car or online? I hate the all the voice prompts it takes too long to get directions.
You can only set up your profile while sitting in your car with it on, but not moving. Sync will ask you for a name, then after you select the profile you just created, Sync will ask you to repeat phrases. You can set two different end user profiles. Mine I shut off all the interaction so she hardly asks me to confirm anything.Bliss!

·
Registered
73 Posts
SYNC and Microsoft

What do you expect when SYNC was developed by Microsoft. Bugs, bugs, bugs.

Microsoft is SO old school, like the last century.

Mr. Mulally, get rid of Microsoft and let Apple take you through the next century. Why do you think everyone is using iPhones, iPads and MacBooks?

I realize from your days at Boeing you were good friends with Bill Gates, but Steve Ballmer is a deer in headlights.

Time to pick up the phone an call Steve Jobs or Tim Cook. I'm one of your shareholders, so please listen.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

Mr. Mulally, get rid of Microsoft and let Apple take you through the next century. Why do you think everyone is using iPhones, iPads and MacBooks?

I realize from your days at Boeing you were good friends with Bill Gates, but Steve Ballmer is a deer in headlights.

Time to pick up the phone an call Steve Jobs or Tim Cook. I'm one of your shareholders, so please listen.

My 2 cents.
Wow... I bet the stock will soar now.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

My 2 cents.
oh boy......here we go :rolleyes:

·
Registered
465 Posts

My 2 cents.
LOL, this is the same pissing match I heard 30 years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts