Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally lost the free satelite radio subscription that I loved so much. Now I'm having to fight with Sync to play music on my Ipod. It has been "Indexing" for the past 4 days and won't play songs from my Ipod. I have unplugged the USB and reset the Ipod and repeated. Still Indexing. My drive to and from work is about 30 minutes, and it Indexes the whole way to and back. Anyone else have this issue? What can I do?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have this issue with my ipod. I have read that the fix for this is to pull the sync fuse and let it reset. Personally I'm not about to pull a freaking fuse to play music. So instead what I did was got a 64gb USB flash drive and dropped a ton of music on that.

RE: the satellite sub. If you hold out for a little while, Sirius will start dropping the price more and more. i'll be sad when my trial runs out and I lose channel 60, but I'm not paying $16 a month for it. It will be interesting for me to see how low they will go.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have this issue with my ipod. I have read that the fix for this is to pull the sync fuse and let it reset. Personally I'm not about to pull a freaking fuse to play music. So instead what I did was got a 64gb USB flash drive and dropped a ton of music on that.

RE: the satellite sub. If you hold out for a little while, Sirius will start dropping the price more and more. i'll be sad when my trial runs out and I lose channel 60, but I'm not paying $16 a month for it. It will be interesting for me to see how low they will go.
so the 64 GB flash drive works just like an Ipod would with Sync? I can say "play Linkin Park" and it would work?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Have had to do a 'hard reset' of my sync twice now for the same reason. Hard reset is pulling/reinstalling the fuse.

First time, per the direction of a Sync help chat I reset both I-pod, then i-pod and sync via the knobs. Didn't work. They told me to then pull the fuse.

After, you'll also need to re-establish the bluetooth connection with your phone.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have had to do a 'hard reset' of my sync twice now for the same reason. Hard reset is pulling/reinstalling the fuse.

First time, per the direction of a Sync help chat I reset both I-pod, then i-pod and sync via the knobs. Didn't work. They told me to then pull the fuse.

After, you'll also need to re-establish the bluetooth connection with your phone.
Thanks, I guess thats the next step. Do you happen to remember which fuse it was?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Smoetimes it'll just come back randomly and you'll be fine. SYNC is weird sometimes. It's like it has a mind of its own (well, I mean, it kinda does actually but yeah)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks, I guess thats the next step. Do you happen to remember which fuse it was?
Fuse #3 in the passenger floorboard junction location. Pulled mine for a minute for the indexing issue and it worked correctly afterwards.

·
Registered
719 Posts
so the 64 GB flash drive works just like an Ipod would with Sync? I can say "play Linkin Park" and it would work?
YES! In my experience a big-ass USB stick is the way to go.

·
Registered
942 Posts
...Smoetimes it'll just come back randomly and you'll be fine...
my smoe never got better by itself

YES! In my experience a big-ass USB stick is the way to go.
Interesting, maybe not a bad idea if you don't already have an i-pod.

But if you do, I wouldn't want to take the time to load all my junk on to a stick and then have that big-ass thing sticking out and get in my way whenever I'm reaching for any of the chit I've got stashed in the box. But maybe using a USB cable so it'd lay in the console.

16 months with the car now and I've only had to jack with the fuse twice.

·
Registered
348 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts