Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just replaced the tranny in my car, with one out of a friends car.. paid $125 bucks for it.... it shifts great... very smooth, alot better then my old one. The question i have is it whines ine 1st, 2nd and 3rd i dont think in 4th and 5th., ot maybe i just can here it...

we coud tell that some one had gon into the tranny to rebuild it....

just curious, if there could be a problem in the future. we did just replace the fluid and the old looked good.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
do you have an aftermarket shifter?
ALL manuals actually are always making that noise but the stock shifters have a bunch of bushings and sound deadening things in them so that you can't hear it in the cabin which is what causes the sloppy feel in the factory shifter. And when you get an aftermarket, they don't have those things in them so that they shift better.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have a steeda shifter in it. i just wanted to make sure the tranny wasnt going to be having problems.

thanks

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
If it's working fine, I wouldn't worry too much. But if it gets louder, or starts being hard to go into gear, then go from there.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
yep! should be just your normal tranny whine. If you ever ride in an OLD car you'll hear that same whine but LOUDER.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.