Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:scratchchinI have a 91 5.0 lx auto.The engine mods are:roller rockers,cold air intake,bbk headers,flowmasters straight back no cats,and under drives.I was wondering if it is better to go bigger with the throttle body or just use a spacer on the stock one.The car is an everyday driver.

·
Registered
460 Posts
i think it wouild be better to go with a bigger throttle body and spacer it would be better for performance and will not hurt gas mileage

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Just get a bigger T/B. Those spacers are a waste of money in my opinion. BTW your car is due for a larger MAF.

A Larger T/B and MAF would wake your car up nicely.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just get a bigger T/B. Those spacers are a waste of money in my opinion. BTW your car is due for a larger MAF.

A Larger T/B and MAF would wake your car up nicely.
I agree. Those TB spacers are a gimick, any swrill they impart to the intake air will be straightened back out thru the plenum runners so bottom line is they simply don't work. Get a larger MAF and a slightly larger TB with EGR spacer and you should notice a bit of a HP gain over stock.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Stick with a 65mm with your current mods. If upgrading H/C/I, then go with a 70mm.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
65mm throttle body, a better mass air, and bump the timing will wake it up. Step up to 70mm when more serious mods come.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so Ill get a 65mm t.b. and a better m.a.f..Now my question is,What is the name of some good ones for the t.b.,m.a.f.,and e.g.r spacer?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys I found these items I might buy but need you help.Here are some descriptions of what the guy says about the parts..let me know if this is a good set up please
Mustang 5.0 FMS 65mm Throttle Body & EGR Spacer & TPS Sensor
Throttle Body is a Ford Motorsports and has been hand-PORTED. The cross bar attatched to the butterfly has been ground down and screw thread profiles shortened to reduce surface area and increase CFM. This was done per a tech article in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords 2007 magazine and replicated exactly.
EGR Spacer Painted Bright Red and a very close match to the 93 COBRA RED. NOTE**EGR spacer has the EGR passage filled and therefore bypassed per the tech article. Note it could be drilled back out easily and used once more.
TPS SENSOR included a 30.00 value. TPS is used, insulation on wire has been taped over in a very small spot where TPS voltage was tested. GREAT working condition.
I did notice an improvement over the non-ported version.
I will include a (One) TB to EGR used gasket for free. Has about 10 miles on it. You can use it if you want and it would probably be fine. I switched to a 93 cobra intake and didn't need the spacer hence the 1 gasket

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats H/C/I?I am not sure what you mean.

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what size mass air do you recommend,I just ordered a 65mm TB,I am watching this MAC 1986-1995 76 MM Mass Air System 5.0 Mustang...is this too big right now for me?I only have the 19lb injectors

·
Registered
327 Posts
IMHO it does not matter so much the size of the mass air as it does the throttle body. You can afford to go too big on the mass air if you plan on upgrading in the future.

You go too big on a throttle body and your performance will actually decrease. MMFF did a drag race test on different sizes and how going to big throttle body wise actually hurts performance substantially.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweet info..I got the 65mm edelbrock/BBK TB and 75mm mac Mass air

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.