1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
155 Posts
i just had a t-lock and 4.10 gear put in and after everything, oil, additive, shim kit, gasket sealer, and labor costs, it was $900ish. i should of waited and save for a 8.8, 4.10 with a v6 flange and installed it my self and paid $50 for an allignment

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
im up around 800 in my rear. goign to sell it abd buy a 8.8. look for a local 8.8

·
Registered
505 Posts
Local shop quoted me between $200 and $250 to install an 8.8 rearend on mine...just need to find a cheap used one now...all the new complete rears with 4'10's r around 900 I think, and the shipping is outrageous!!I can wait for a used one...prolly just do the gears and t-loc on the 7.5..same shop quoted me $350 to $400 to install the t-loc and gears...seems like the cheaper route!!

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
350 is a decent install price, unless ur planning on big power the 7.5 is fine, i got plenty of power still on my 7.5
however i just bought a 8.8 todays for the head cam swap.

to bad u dont want 373s. already got one set up goin for cheap lol

·
Registered
505 Posts
350 is a decent install price, unless ur planning on big power the 7.5 is fine, i got plenty of power still on my 7.5
however i just bought a 8.8 todays for the head cam swap.

to bad u dont want 373s. already got one set up goin for cheap lol
How Cheap you talkin??

·
Registered
145 Posts
go to the Ghetto like downtown usually is cheaper there lol xD in dallas is called harry hines they do good job for cheap

·
Registered
36 Posts
I say save a little more i know its hard to wait but do it. Buy the 8.8 rear end with the 4.10s in it. Trust me shops are super pricey now a days. And Gears are not the easiest labor either, especially since your putting in a new differential T-lock. oh and dont go 3.73 trust me i did and im waiting for my 4.10s to come in next week. But yeah buying the whole rear end is probably best and more power :laughlitt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.