Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a question for you. i was wondering if i bought a t-lok, would it make my handling worse?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
ummm a tlok goes in the rear end and will not make your handling worse

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks. i just over-thought it a little and it kinda confused me with the rear suspension.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
:bigthumbsup
no prob man!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is another question. I am planning some small power upgrades in the future. That said, is it easy to install and would it be beneficial on a 01 V6?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
t loks are fun, and better when you go to the track. Putting the power to both wheels instead of one. How much power are you wanting to make. If its anything over say 300hp i would just bypass the 7.5 and find a 8.8 to put in.
I did just the opposite, i got the tlok and gears for the 7.5. Then i decided to build the motor and add a turbo kit. Drove like 6 months w the built 7.5 then the turbo went on and the 8.8 under her. So i essentially wasted the 4-500 bucks on the 7.5. I did the install so i didnt have to pay labor.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok cool. Thanks! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
while you do the tlok throw some gears in it too. I had an auto with 373 gears and it was fun!!! They say with auto go 410s but i liked the 373s.
just throwing it out there

·
Registered
79 Posts
Gears are another thing Im a little fuzzy on. I know that taller gears lend more toward top end while shorter gears lend towards acceleration. But I forget which way the numbers go. So whats the difference between 3.73 and 4.10?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
410s would be the acceleration side! Given the same speed the 410s will be taching higher in the rpms. With my 373s on the interstate at 70 mph i was 2400 rpms i believe

·
Registered
79 Posts
What gears come in the car from the factory?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
3.27 gears from factory

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok, I thought thats what it was. Im looking at a spec sheet I printed out last night but it refers to the 2000 and didnt know if that was something they changed between 00 and 01. Thanks Guys! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, i was thinking about getting gears too. they seem like a really good investment. :bigthumbsup: does anybody know how much quicker the 0-60 time would be with 3.73's?

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
yeah, i was thinking about getting gears too. they seem like a really good investment. :bigthumbsup: does anybody know how much quicker the 0-60 time would be with 3.73's?
We don't use 0-60 times because they are not accurate. We use track times, and it usually cuts about .2 in the 1/4 mile......

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you do change the gears in a 7.5 will you need to re calibrate the speedo or anything of that sort or is it just a straight swap?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
yes the speedometer should be calibrated after a gear change

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.