Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have an 88 GT with the T5. I have no spark and no fuel pump! If I pull the SPOUT out of the dist. i get spark. If i hard wire the fuel pump it goes! If I turn the key on it does nothing! I'm goin crazy! I thought I eliminated all possibilities and replaced the computer to no avail...$160 wasted! All the relays work, I get power to everything what am I missing!? Please its been parked for a month and I need to go show the silly ricers what its all about!!! Thank you so much! Basically what is telling it do do nothin? Could the the crank positioning sen. temp sen. what else could to that

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Key on, check the injector red wire for battery voltage. Or check the ECT sensor for 5V. Let me know.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Have you checked the distributor output? I'm suspecting the Hall Effect sensor inside it, it's what tells the computer what injector to fire next and for how long.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I got it goin today! It was a bad constant power to the relay under the hood (inertia switch)! I didnt know it was supposed to be constant, apparently the schematics didnt tell me it wasnt switched power:headscratch:! Darn thing tricked me! I really had to study the wire diagram and go and go and go! Thank you for the help! I'm so happy to have the thing going again! :happydance:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.