Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 coupe with an automatic 3 speed transmission. I would like to swap it to a T5. I have seen many conversion kits available but no one seems to carry the clutch pedal assembly. Does anyone know where I may find one. Also does anyone know of any good articles that will describe in detail how to do this swap.
Thanks

·
Registered
655 Posts
you will have to call salvage yards to find the clutch pedal assembly, I was unable to find one resonably priced.. so i took one from an 88GT and retro modified it to work with what was already in my car.

·
Registered
655 Posts
i was hopen to find one for less than 50$ the cheapest i found was 85$ from some place in Georgia and that was me drvien down there to remove it(i live in wisconsin so that was out of the question)...so he wanted 25$ for him to pull it.. then whatever shipping was.
I wasnt about to pay that much.. i was on a tight budget.

were are you getting your T5 from? are you getting a parts car? or just pickin up a tranny?
There is a lot of little things the parts car will have that just a tranny wont come with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to spend $1,100 for the tranny and clutch new and $350 for the T5 conversion kit. Then whatever for the pedal assembly. Is there anything else I would need? Oh and whatever a shifter would cost too

·
Registered
77 Posts
CJ Pony Parts can hook you up with the bone yard parts you need and the conversion kit(i.e. the crossmember, driveshaft, etc.) :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am in wisc doing the same thing, I ended up buying mine off ebay for big money. But it was a nice original part so I didnt feel so bad about paying that much for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would say around 200 isnt bad for one. Check with mustang steve, after I bought mine I found out that he had one with the clutch quadrant and ball bearing setup on it. I think he wanted like 225 or 250 for it which is really good with those parts already installed. Shoot him a note, you might get lucky he might have one available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey i just bought a T5 and i want to convert the automatic to the 5 speed....what parts do i need to buy to switch over to the 5 speed..?

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also doing a T5 conversion. I am installing a new clutch brake assembly pettle in my 68 but I am finding out that the brake push rod that goes into the master cylinder is too long. Did I do something wrong? I bought an adjustable one but it too is still too long. Maybe I just need to push the rod deep into the master cylinder when installing? I am worried about doing this because it seems like the brake will always be engaged if I do.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Just another one from Wisconsin and T-5 swap. Lucky in that I'm starting out with a manual to begin with. Found this site handy in explaining some of the pit falls to watch out for. I'm actually staying with my mechanical linkage and the old T-10 bellhousing with adapter plate.
http://www.moderndriveline.com/Technical_Bits/classic_swaps.htm
I did look on E-Bay and the prices are about as stated above. Salvage yard or E-Bay looks like the only places.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Just happened to find this in the site's classified, not sure if it sold or not but looks complete, even the clutch pedals.
Dave

T-5 Conversion
posted by tattooguy17331

I have a T-5 tranny with a new centerforce clutch disc and pressure plate clutch pedals a bearing kit for front and rear input shafts, and also the flywheel and bellhousing an ...

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I am also doing a T5 conversion. I am installing a new clutch brake assembly pettle in my 68 but I am finding out that the brake push rod that goes into the master cylinder is too long. Did I do something wrong? I bought an adjustable one but it too is still too long. Maybe I just need to push the rod deep into the master cylinder when installing? I am worried about doing this because it seems like the brake will always be engaged if I do.
Is the pedal for disk brakes - on a manual brake car? Or vice-versa? I guess you could get a shorter adjustable push rod.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.