Ford Mustang Forum banner

T5 conversion

2218 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  meangreen92
I have a 67 coupe with an automatic 3 speed transmission. I would like to swap it to a T5. I have seen many conversion kits available but no one seems to carry the clutch pedal assembly. Does anyone know where I may find one. Also does anyone know of any good articles that will describe in detail how to do this swap.
Thanks
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
you will have to call salvage yards to find the clutch pedal assembly, I was unable to find one resonably priced.. so i took one from an 88GT and retro modified it to work with what was already in my car.
What would you expect to pay for one? How much have you seen them go for?
i was hopen to find one for less than 50$ the cheapest i found was 85$ from some place in Georgia and that was me drvien down there to remove it(i live in wisconsin so that was out of the question)...so he wanted 25$ for him to pull it.. then whatever shipping was.
I wasnt about to pay that much.. i was on a tight budget.

were are you getting your T5 from? are you getting a parts car? or just pickin up a tranny?
There is a lot of little things the parts car will have that just a tranny wont come with.
I was going to spend $1,100 for the tranny and clutch new and $350 for the T5 conversion kit. Then whatever for the pedal assembly. Is there anything else I would need? Oh and whatever a shifter would cost too
CJ Pony Parts can hook you up with the bone yard parts you need and the conversion kit(i.e. the crossmember, driveshaft, etc.) :cool:
I am in wisc doing the same thing, I ended up buying mine off ebay for big money. But it was a nice original part so I didnt feel so bad about paying that much for it.
Yes there is one on ebay right now, already at $200.00. How high do you think it will go?
I would say around 200 isnt bad for one. Check with mustang steve, after I bought mine I found out that he had one with the clutch quadrant and ball bearing setup on it. I think he wanted like 225 or 250 for it which is really good with those parts already installed. Shoot him a note, you might get lucky he might have one available.
Hey i just bought a T5 and i want to convert the automatic to the 5 speed....what parts do i need to buy to switch over to the 5 speed..?

thanks
I am also doing a T5 conversion. I am installing a new clutch brake assembly pettle in my 68 but I am finding out that the brake push rod that goes into the master cylinder is too long. Did I do something wrong? I bought an adjustable one but it too is still too long. Maybe I just need to push the rod deep into the master cylinder when installing? I am worried about doing this because it seems like the brake will always be engaged if I do.
Just another one from Wisconsin and T-5 swap. Lucky in that I'm starting out with a manual to begin with. Found this site handy in explaining some of the pit falls to watch out for. I'm actually staying with my mechanical linkage and the old T-10 bellhousing with adapter plate.
http://www.moderndriveline.com/Technical_Bits/classic_swaps.htm
I did look on E-Bay and the prices are about as stated above. Salvage yard or E-Bay looks like the only places.
Just happened to find this in the site's classified, not sure if it sold or not but looks complete, even the clutch pedals.
Dave

T-5 Conversion
posted by tattooguy17331

I have a T-5 tranny with a new centerforce clutch disc and pressure plate clutch pedals a bearing kit for front and rear input shafts, and also the flywheel and bellhousing an ...
Here's a website i was given one time for the T-5 swap, i was really considering doing it on my 69 but i got a C6 for it that i want to put an overdrive on.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2000/09/t5swap/
Is the pedal for disk brakes - on a manual brake car? Or vice-versa? I guess you could get a shorter adjustable push rod.
I am also doing a T5 conversion. I am installing a new clutch brake assembly pettle in my 68 but I am finding out that the brake push rod that goes into the master cylinder is too long. Did I do something wrong? I bought an adjustable one but it too is still too long. Maybe I just need to push the rod deep into the master cylinder when installing? I am worried about doing this because it seems like the brake will always be engaged if I do.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.