Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am building a Fox body drifter and am trying to decide if I want to use a T5 or a T56 tranny. The motor that i am building will have a Vrotec supercharger, low comp pistons forged crank adn rods, valves, valve springs ect. i am looking for around 450 hp at the wheels. So if any one has a good opnion or idea about this please post. I have been drifting for 5+ years now so no "do u even know how to drift BS" thanx
cody

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Dont even think about getting a T5 for that kind of horsepower and torque. Get atleast a new tremec that supports your torque and horsepower requirements.

That T56 will work if you got the cash.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I think a tremec or a richmond tranny would be better than a t56, cause of both price and the fact that you wont need 5th or 6th while drifting right? Tremecs have good torque capacity, and are cheap, but with a richmond you can select your gear ratios from a huge list and theyll handle all kinds of offense... Probably a little more expensive though. Not a t5, no way, no how...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Def no T-5 for the kind of abuse and power you want to run through the tranny. If you can afford the T-56 great, youll have 6 gears and be able to handle a ton of abuse from hp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.