Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rebuilt 95 t5 transmission will bind as I shift from 1st to 2nd every time I try to shift fast and with the rpms close to 6k. Is it the transmission or is it just the way I am shifting?
The transmission has only 3k miles on it. I have a new BBK adjustable clutch cable along with a new Centerforce dual friction clutch.
Help! I am getting frustrated from not being able to really see what the car can do.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
My rebuilt 95 t5 transmission will bind as I shift from 1st to 2nd every time I try to shift fast and with the rpms close to 6k. Is it the transmission or is it just the way I am shifting?
The transmission has only 3k miles on it. I have a new BBK adjustable clutch cable along with a new Centerforce dual friction clutch.
Help! I am getting frustrated from not being able to really see what the car can do.
Here's a test.

Get on it like normal all the way to 6k and shift like normal... except don't let the clutch back out. Just run it up to 6k and shift, this takes the coordination of letting the pedal out out of the equation.

If it doesn't grind, then you need to practice your coordination with the clutch pedal a little more... if it does grind and you have the pedal to the floor, then you might have a synchro issue or cable adjustment issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts