Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock shifter is missing its bushings so its moving around abunch. What is the best type of short throw for a 89 5.0 with a t5.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I have the steeda tri-ax and it's ok... I like it better than stock but it feels a little too notchy. I have been thinking about selling it and trying another. Maybe MGW, not sure though...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would say the SST is really good.:hihi:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have a pro 5.0 shifter with a hurst pistol grip handle love it!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I hear a lot of good things about the Pro 5.0. I have a Steeda, that I am happy with

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea my friend told me about the MGW one but i ain't sure about it. One of my friends has a B&M short throw i can probbly get from him for $20. Do these work pretty well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Pro-5.0 and a Steeda shifter handle, and it's okay. I have heard so many things good about the MGW though and can't wait till I get the chance to try one out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have a upr blue thunder shifter w/ripper handle and a billit shifter knob and i love it it's almost impossible to miss 3rd

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You can't go wrong with any of these shifters. The B&M is fine, I've used a Hurst Competition Plus, and put in a Pro 5.0 with Steeda Tri Ax handle in my brother's car, they're all great.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went and checked out the pro 5.0 and it looks really good. They have them on ebay for about 170 new. Is that a good price?

·
Registered
297 Posts
i had a hurst shifter on mine with the t handle....it worked out great for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.