Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a t5 manual tranny that came out of a 95 gt for $100 bucks!!! I need to know if this is an exact bolt in or will I need to modify it? My tranny went out this morning on the way to work!! Also, Im in the bay area of California and Im looking for someone to help me install this.. Thanks!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think the only issues you may run into is that the shifter will sit a little farther back, as the SN95 bell housing and inputt shaft are 5/8" longer than a fox car. You're drieshaft should still fit though.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Yup, the input shaft is longer, due to the deeper bellhousing on the '94-'95s. You can just swap in your old input shaft, and probably the bearing retainer too. Then, I think, it will work nicely.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Heh, the input shaft is not exactly a bolt-on part.

Easiest thing would be to buy a '94/'95 bellhousing and use that, instead of swapping an input shaft.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Identifying the transmission...

How can I tell what year this transmission is from. There is no tag on it, must have broken off.. I see three different casing numbers on it??

·
Registered
471 Posts
The Ford P/N will strat with either thge letter E(80's) or F(90's), followed by a number. The letter repredsents the decade, and the number the year.

So, E9 would be 1989, and F1 would be 1991, and so on.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
FoxChassis said:
Heh, the input shaft is not exactly a bolt-on part.

Easiest thing would be to buy a '94/'95 bellhousing and use that, instead of swapping an input shaft.

do you think he will need a 94-95 cable too? if those are any longer?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Nikademas said:
How can I tell what year this transmission is from. There is no tag on it, must have broken off.. I see three different casing numbers on it??
Check just aft of the fill plug on the pass side of the mainbox. Fox specimens had the year i.e. 84, 87, 90, with a circle around it, which looks like it yields more info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.