Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got this beast today. i was looking in my bay and it looks pretty crowded. its a 2001. would it be easier to put the exhausts to the front and move the battery and put the turbo there. or put the turbo in the back where the exhaust pipes come together. then route the cold side thru the driver side of the engine bay. loop to the cooler and to the throttle body. i've never bolted on a turbo before so some help would be nice. also wat do i do to hook the oil hose to the engine?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
What brand of, "t-70" did you get?

And is this going on your 3.9L v8? If not why are you wasting time?!

You need headers [custom] headers, or you need to flip the stocks, and do some welding.

turbo's don't just "bolt" on...

And a "t-70" would be too big for a stock engine.

Do I believe a word you say? Nope

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
just got this beast today. i was looking in my bay and it looks pretty crowded. its a 2001. would it be easier to put the exhausts to the front and move the battery and put the turbo there. or put the turbo in the back where the exhaust pipes come together. then route the cold side thru the driver side of the engine bay. loop to the cooler and to the throttle body. i've never bolted on a turbo before so some help would be nice. also wat do i do to hook the oil hose to the engine?
the V6 engine bay is not crowded...lol, theres 2 cylinders chopped off so theres plenty of room.

for the oil line, you need to drill a hole in your oil pan, install a bung or something for your line to hook up to.

if you dont mind me asking...have you figured out what you are going to do yet?
it seems every week you have a new plan.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the V6 engine bay is not crowded...lol, theres 2 cylinders chopped off so theres plenty of room.

for the oil line, you need to drill a hole in your oil pan, install a bung or something for your line to hook up to.

if you dont mind me asking...have you figured out what you are going to do yet?
it seems every week you have a new plan.
sorry guys my life changes fast. so i met this rich ass kid who will buy my stang if he helps me turbocharge it with the 3.8

haha i know the t70 is too big but he wants to use the car as a weekend car. its a garret turbo tho. anywho he's giving me 7500 for the car if i help him install this so i think its a pretty good deal since i bought the car for 34. and thanks for the oil line info. where exactly would i drill the hole? by the oil pump or anywhere?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

You need headers [custom] headers, or you need to flip the stocks, and do some welding.

okay. i dont understand about "bolt on" im taking my two pipes and turning it into a y pipe going into the exhaust side behind the motor. air side is on the right and the pipe will follow to the cooler behind the radiator and into the throttle body. wat is flipping the headers?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

wait do you mean have exhaust headers with the "flange" on the end?

cuz with the y pipe i'm buying a flange and all you do is weld it on...same with the air side too. also. for the inlet on the air side. do you need a filter there? cuz i have saw a lot of pics on here that show turbos with no filters.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
What are you talking about??? The best thing that you stated in this entire thread is that you are selling the car. :) Just as long as a Mustang will not be in your hands anymore is good news. A t70 is monstrous for a stock engine, you do not need half that turbo...

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
for a t70 you're going to need a built motor...

/period/

You need some form of headers that face forward, toward the front of the car. Then they need to be merged together and you have to weld a collector to adapt to the turbo, then the down pipe for the exhaust, and an air filter. Then there are misc nuts, bolts, vac lines, tuning, etc.

You don't DRILL anything you use a npt and tap a hole. Best way to do this? With the oil pan off you can do it with the pan ON but ...

Well I would not let you try and build me a card house, let alone a turbo kit. so i feel sorry for this kid :/

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you guys dont read my replies. i said that he wanted the t70 ready to go cuz he IS building the motor with forged rods, cams crank ect. he said something about titanium pistons too. which are ballin cuz those are like 900 dollars each. anyways. okay. so it is okay to "tap" the hole in the back of the pan. since the turbo will basically be under the tranny. and i think you guys over analyze things way too much. i was just asking would it be better for the turbo in back or front cuz it seems like there would be some what more lag havin the turbo wrap around the motor like that.

and my friend deven has a probe that has stock headers and intake manifold and he did the same thing (with a t3) all he did was take off his maf and now he's boostin 12 psi everywhere he goes.

no computers or any wires cuz we both are gonna use the manual boost controllers.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for a t70 you're going to need a built motor...

/period/

You need some form of headers that face forward, toward the front of the car. Then they need to be merged together and you have to weld a collector to adapt to the turbo, then the down pipe for the exhaust, and an air filter. Then there are misc nuts, bolts, vac lines, tuning, etc.

You don't DRILL anything you use a npt and tap a hole. Best way to do this? With the oil pan off you can do it with the pan ON but ...

Well I would not let you try and build me a card house, let alone a turbo kit. so i feel sorry for this kid :/
dont get mad at me mr. pms i believe that other guy JUST STATED i need to DRILL a hole in the pan.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
I don't know where to even start with this thread.......

The further the turbo is away from the headers, the less efficient it is. You will need a remote oil pump to pump the oil back into the pan if you are even thinking about going with a remote turbo setup.

Titanium pistons? Size, compression, pin offset? Rod length? Crank? I would like to know how you are going to spec it, so please inform me of the proper way to build a motor.......

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
you drill a hole and then tap it.
you cant tap threads if theres no hole.

take the oilpan off; ovbiously drain the oil first or your going to get messy and look stupid(er).
if you do it with the pan still on, you risk metal shavings ending up in your oil.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
you drill a hole and then tap it.
you cant tap threads if theres no hole.

take the oilpan off; ovbiously drain the oil first or your going to get messy and look stupid(er).
if you do it with the pan still on, you risk metal shavings ending up in your oil.
Now I would not let him or you touch my car...
You don't drill (if you do it right anyway), you use a center punch, then tap it...

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Now I would not let him or you touch my car...
You don't drill (if you do it right anyway), you use a center punch, then tap it...
you'd still end up with the same result.

anyways, i fail to see how you'd be able to force a punch through the oilpan without smashing it to pieces.

PS. i never offered to work on your car.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
you'd still end up with the same result.

anyways, i fail to see how you'd be able to force a punch through the oilpan without smashing it to pieces.

PS. i never offered to work on your car.
SuperchargersOnline.com :: How to Tap Your Oil Pan

"Then use a tap to create threads to seat the hose barb. The tap has four channels called flutes and four treaded sections. Pack the flutes of the tap with multi-purpose grease. This will catch any particles before they can enter the pan. You must punch and tap, but not drill. Punching the steel pan causes the material to bend and flower inwards. This provides a tapered, tight and leak-free fitting for the hose barb to be threaded into. (Because the material is bending, not being drilled, the chance of flaking into the oil pan is greatly reduced). The next step is to drain the oil. The reason to change the oil after tapping the pan is to flush out any particles that might have slipped by, and act as a safety check for your tapping ability. Then connect the supercharger oil drain hose to the oil pan fitting and refill the oil to the manufacturer’s recommended level. An oil fed supercharger does not require any additional oil."

Now remind me, how many superchargers have you installed?:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
none.

but i dont see why drilling a hole and then tapping threads would cause it to leak.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

The further the turbo is away from the headers, the less efficient it is. You will need a remote oil pump to pump the oil back into the pan if you are even thinking about going with a remote turbo setup.

Titanium pistons? Size, compression, pin offset? Rod length? Crank? I would like to know how you are going to spec it, so please inform me of the proper way to build a motor.......
custom built pistons for the stock bore, pin offset i really dont know. rod length he is using forged cobra rods, and the crank is...idk some sick crank lol. idk what he's gonna do to it i just want it off my hands lol.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

and why are you bombing me for one turbo? isnt yours the exact same thing except the turbo is where the battery is?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
okay well. thanks for telling me how to install the oil line. i was talking to some honda guys on their forum site and i guess civics use 14lb injectors while the fords use 19's and it made some sense seeing that hondas were pushing 9psi no problem with no mods on 4 cyls and mines a 6cyl with bigger injectors. so the psi would be smaller in each cylinder. i asked one of the forum moderators and he said i could easily run 11psi with premium gas and a cooler with stock injectors. i know the t70 is capable of super high boost but for right now selling the car with over 310hp (escpecially a v6) sounds great for me=] so any ideas on what i should buy afterwards? i'm kinda bummed about the "pony power" aspect of vehicles. unless you can change my mind. cant take v8's. insurance would kill me.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
custom built pistons for the stock bore, pin offset i really dont know. rod length he is using forged cobra rods, and the crank is...idk some sick crank lol. idk what he's gonna do to it i just want it off my hands lol.
Cobra rods? I guess he's paying almost 2 grand to have a custom crank made since you said some sick crank? What cam is he going to run? This is not a Honda, this is a v6 mustang. 4.4psi is the max you can run without upgrading your injectors...

This thread & you
fail.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.