Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried swapping the tachometer and speedometer positions in the dash? It looks like an easy swap, but I'm wondering if there is enough length on the wiring harnesses, and if there is any reason they won't fit in each other's position.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why would anybody wanna do this?

·
Registered
261 Posts
hey down , i asked the same question back in may and guess who gave me the same answer!!! lol. from what ive been told it seems its a whole inclusive unit . youll prob. cause more harm than good trying to separate them. still unsure but there may be down the road ,a replacement , maybe when the cobra comes out or perhaps sooner. i think it would be a great option , cause you sure cant shift with your left hand now can you! vynle.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got that right, vynle!

It's not really a big deal, but it just seemed backward to me and I thought I'd fix it if it was an easy swap.
The reason for the swap (sk5stang) is so that you can see the tach, while steering with the left hand and shifting with the right. I don't know why Ford didn't put the instruments in that arrangement from the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts