Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the boards and I recently purchased a 68 mustang with 302 3 on the floor. This mustang like many of that age didn't come with a tachometer.

The previous owners installed a MSD 5 box. I recently installed a plantronic points conversion. The tach never read correctly and would stay maxed out. I recently purchased a tach adapter for the msd box and wired it up to the MSD 5 instructions. The tach would read sometimes but would only read above 3 grand. I finally got frustrated with it and took it out.

Can i get a tachometer that isnt an autometer in guage form or is that my only option? I really want a tach but I am almost to the point of giving up on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would say if the MSD instructions didn't help at all, try calling up MSD and see if they can answer your questions. I just hooked up electronic ignition recently myself, and my tach isn't working yet either, but I haven't investigated it too hard.

Is it possible it's something as simple as the tach being broken/blown out? If it's working at all (above 3k), I would speculate it's fine, it's just not hooked up right.

Pull up the instructables on the tach too, just to be safe

·
Registered
876 Posts
look at a sunpro tach, i am getting one. they have a real classy look an work great:bigthumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts