Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*****Search already done. One topic. Little info******

Has anyone added these? Any pics? Specifically looking at chrome.

Also, durability/reliability.

THanks in advance.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have the black ones, and they look great. Got'm off of e-bay. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
I went with the one piece chrome ones on E-bay. Really like the look it gives the taillights - more retro looking. The fit was very good. But be carefull when installing because it is almost impossible to pull them off and try again.

Is it just me or does it appear the Windveil Blue owners really like the taillight trim? I think I make number three in a row to reply.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I went with the third kind on E-bay. They are chrome and are one piece construction. Also it sounds like these will hold up pretty good. Don't know how to do a link but they are pictured on a black convertible. However, after seeing the above pictures of the stainless I kinda wish I had gone with them.

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Here are my chrome ones on my black vert

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone. From the looks of them, they are a must buy! THis will be my second ebay purchase today! Damn this stuff is addictive!

·
Registered
415 Posts
So, are you ready to replace the antenna now?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'll try to get a pic of mine tonight. Time to leave work now.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've got a 8" shorty antenna which is black. There was another 2" spacer, but I didn't use it. I have a pic but this doesn't seem to be the thread to post it

·
Registered
196 Posts
new stang owner said:
Hadnt thought of that. Suggestions?
I cut mine off with a hack saw. Sawed the ball off and the guts came out of it and then I used JB weld to put it back on the shorty. Not much blood spilled and it healed real good with no further problems other than an ego problem as it sits next to my one fiddy with its BIG antenna. I have to constantly remind "LUCILLE" she is a girl and her antenna length doesen't matter.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Antenna

Here's some pictures of my antenna. It's polished aluminum and 21 inches long. I wanted one that fit in more with the retro styling. I included a picture of the whole car but it's a little hard to see the antenna.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts