Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found out that my rear lights weren't working. I have limited knowledge of car wiring (This is my first car) so I figured I'd ask here before I took off my whole rear end. I checked the fuses and they are ok, but beyond that I don't know what to check or where. Neither my brake lights or running lights work and I am not sure how long its been like this. Can someone direct me to the most obvious switches etc?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Headlight switch for the tail lights. And Multi function for the signals. This is a guess but most common place to look.

Did you check the BULBS??? It happens!!! Does the THIRD brake light work???

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing works, all three are dead, but signals, hazards etc work. I assume reverse lights work too. Headlights work as well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Which "all three"? You said that the flashers work. Do the tail lights flash as they should or just the front? Do the rear turn signals work or just the front? If everything works except the three brake lights, you probably have a bad brake light switch. Did you check yet to be sure that the bulbs are good?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all three brake lights. I didn't check to make sure all the bulbs work, but all three are dead making me believe its a switch. Its only the brake/daytime running lights that aren't running. I will look into replacing the switch tonight.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Check the headlight switch for a burned connectoe and failed switch!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys, I found out two things: First, my spotter gave me bad info, when I turned on my headlights my back lights turned on. So we directed our attention to the brake pedal and found a lose connection between the brake pedal sensor(?) and the switch. Silly me for not checking things myself :nono:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts