Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any good tutorials or threads that give a great step-by-step walkthrough of what to unscrew on the dash to get behind the stereo?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The factory manual has a pretty good procedure. Send me a pm and I'll see if I can extract the sheets and email them to you tonight (my factory manual DVD is at home and I'm not)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
99vert said:
The factory manual has a pretty good procedure. Send me a pm and I'll see if I can extract the sheets and email them to you tonight (my factory manual DVD is at home and I'm not)
I have a PDF of the manual, where in the manual does it show you?

·
Registered
91 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
I have a PDF of the manual, where in the manual does it show you?
Not the owners manual, the Ford factory service manual. There is a section on removal of the radio. From what I remember (I replaced my radio already), first step is to remove the center console (two screws in the center console compartment). Next, remove the left and right trim panels (they pop off I believe). The center trim panel has some screws and also the electrical connectors (the passenger side one has a lever that needs to be flipped down, the drivers side also has some type of locking mechanism). Finally, the radio can be removed by taking out 4-6 screws.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Someone from another forum sent me the Ford Docs. They are very detailed and...um...good. Now I just gotta wait for some company to make a AUX adapter for our Shakers and I'll be ready to go.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Its easier than it looks, unscrew the shift knob(man.tranny) remove the cover around the stick, lift up the cosole box lid and you will see 2 screws remove them, lift the rear of the panel and slide it back about an inch. pull off the 2 side plates on either side of the center console (where your radio is) you can get to evry thing now.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
napalmbomb said:
Its easier than it looks, unscrew the shift knob(man.tranny) remove the cover around the stick, lift up the cosole box lid and you will see 2 screws remove them, lift the rear of the panel and slide it back about an inch. pull off the 2 side plates on either side of the center console (where your radio is) you can get to evry thing now.
LOL. Thanks for the tip, but look at the date on the posting. It was last year:winks ,but that's ok.

But I was impressed at how easily everything came apart. The guys who reviewed this car said it best, that Ford built this thing like a sports car(ie you can take things apart for easy modifications).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts