Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i want to take off my stripe so i can put a red one on problem their is a residue left when i peel it up so does that wash off? I dont want to drive around with that on it might be a couple week till i get a new stipe because i need my body kit yet so..? What should i do wait till its ready get stiped also what is the best way to do it ii dont wnat to pay someone.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
3M makes a product to take that off. You can also use Napatha.
Sometimes WD40 or LPS1 or 2 will take it off and be more available.

Frank

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Naptha is by far the cheapest. You can buy a gallon of the stuff for the cost of 8oz of the 3M stuff.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where do you get it? So i peel of the stipre and brush on the naptha stuff and it should take it off?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Would goo-gone work ? I used that on 3M double sided tape when I re-did my chin spoiler, took a while, but it worked.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You could use a hair dryer to help release the vinyl. There is a GOO Gone and it works great. There is another that Advance Auto and AutoZone carries. It is made by 3M and in a small GOLD and Silver. Need to use caution with this one. To much and you will FOG the clear coat.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i used goo-gone that was left over, with a rag, and then THOROUGHLY rinsed the area. been 3 months, and still looks good.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
3M makes a product to take that off. You can also use Napatha.
That 3m General Purpose Adhesive Remover is worth its weight in gold. After I used it once I made sure I always had a can (get the big one, not the spray can. Much better economy of scale) on the shelf. It works fantastic and doesn't damage the paint at all. It will even remove road tar from behind the wheels.

Here is a lik. This $12 can lasts forever:
http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/4153-3m-general-purpose-adhesive-cleaner-08984-p-10946.aspx

You will be able to find it at any of your local paint shop (automobiles) supply houses.

Here is one on Amazon:
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...sive+remover&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N&start=40&um=1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.