Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a new 2012 V6 Premium/Pony(love it).

I looked at about a dozen different Prem/Pony at dealers and on line and all but 2 have " Delete tape stripe" listed in the options side of the sticker. Sure enough, the one I had the dealer go pick up for me is missing the stripe. Is there some reason for this, that so few have the lower door stripe from the factory?

Got my wife telling me she wants me to add the stripes..........

·
Registered
837 Posts
Probably because it's ugly..

But you can just have your dealer put it on. It's vinyl

·
Registered
461 Posts
Probably because it's ugly..

But you can just have your dealer put it on. It's vinyl
I have to agree. I have them on mine and I want to take them off. Since they are vinyl, are they easy to take off or is it bascially a paint job because hte stripes are so tightly adhered.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Finally got a new 2012 V6 Premium/Pony(love it).

I looked at about a dozen different Prem/Pony at dealers and on line and all but 2 have " Delete tape stripe" listed in the options side of the sticker. Sure enough, the one I had the dealer go pick up for me is missing the stripe. Is there some reason for this, that so few have the lower door stripe from the factory?

Got my wife telling me she wants me to add the stripes..........
If the stripes don't add to the price of the car, it doesn't makes much sense to order many for stock without the stripes. I mean, they are easy to take off (even free labor if the customer does it) but it adds to the cost and delays impulse buys if someone wants them and they were deleted.

Any chance there was a hold on stripes at some point and dealers had to order stripe delete just to get cars?

I know what you mean about wives and stripes. My Mustang came with stripes and I was going to remove them the instant I got home. I made the mistake of taking off the lame pin-stripes the dealer added first and before I got to the factory rocker stripes, my wife decided she wanted them to stay.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have to agree not a big fan of those stripes, look cheap imo.
I do like the the over the top stripes as Ford call them. (LeMans,Racing or whatever you may call them) as you can see.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I don't have any strong feelings for the side stripes one way or another. But then again my car is black and the stripes are also black so I don't really notice them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.