Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2010 GT since June 2009 - no mods, daily driver. In the past month, if the car sits for more than a day, upon starting it up there is a tapping/knocking sound coming from the center of the dash. It sounds like a wooden mallet might sound against a hollow piece of wood. There are usually no more than 5 taps/knocks and then it goes away and I can see/hear no other unusual things. Please note, no fan/heat/ac/radio or any accessories are on when I start.

Any ideas?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
sounds like the engine making some noise until the oil pressure comes up...I'd not worry about it.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
2010 with no mods means your warranty is nice and fresh, I'd bring it in to be safe if it doesn't cost you anything. How loud is the noise? Could it be from a multi disc changer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't sound like the noise is coming from the engine, more like it is on the cabin side of the firewall. I think it is above the cd changer...closer to the 12volt plug and vents. It doesn't sound like its the fans either, which is why I am at a lose to explain it.

The noise is not grating but it is loud.

Thanks for the input so far. I am going to have it checked with my next oil change.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Sometimes the ABS system makes a knocking system as it turns on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Resolved

The problem is resolved: The temperature blend door actuator needed to replaced. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yep, Had my blend door replaced on Wednesday.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This

I just bought this. I have read there was a misprint on the part number that is stamped on the actual part, so this part number wil not match what you see under the dash.

This thing is $15. I hear swapping it out isn't too fun at least its cheap.

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts