Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was looking in the internet to see if there are targa tops for foxes. I came across a company that sells them in sizes. Has anybody seen targa tops on foxes and would it be a good idea to put on in, i knew that if I do install one I am going to stiffen up the chassis.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Only ones I've seen are on newer models. The Fox has too much body flex as it is, cut out your roof to put that in would require a lot of stiffening which is probably why no one's done it yet.
I think it'd look good though.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only ones I've seen are on newer models. The Fox has too much body flex as it is, cut out your roof to put that in would require a lot of stiffening which is probably why no one's done it yet.
I think it'd look good though.
Well I was thinking about it and I wouldn't cut out the whole roof off. I would just cut out a chunk of it, like the foxes with sunroofs but a little bigger.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
I think it'd be alright. I think others want to see it done but don't want to do it to theirs first. All it would take is one and then others would do it too.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
looking at my car (t-top), the strip in the middle is only about 3 inches wide.

i guess you could get a sawz-all if your brave enough and just cut that out.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
That'd be getting into the glassback roof territory. Get a thick polyglass piece and have it tinted, you'd have a glass top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.