Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its tax time again and I have $2400 that I am going to be putting into the car. I have to replace the tranny so there is about $1200. What should I do with the other $1200? I was thinking of getting some rims and tires since I have to replace the one 10 hole that has out of round lug holes in it. My father seems to think I should paint it, but I want to get the engine done before I do anything with the paint. Anyother ideas that might be a good bang for the buck on a stock car?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
suspension mods:

caster camber plates, new struts / shocks (maybe adustable if you want)
lowering springs, maybe eibach prokit, drops the car about 1.2 in the front, 1 in the back. or FMS makes a less extreme kit, about .8 in the front and .5 in the back. that little bit of drop will give you some awesome handling. and when you do springs, that gives you a chance to put in new isolators, which will quiet your ride down and reduce vibration a bit. also, some chassis stiffening could be a good investment, ie. subframe connectors, strut tower brace, etc. i think you could have some fun with some susp. mods. make it handle like a totally diff. car. this is what im doing before spring. that could leave you a little extra money too, maybe to save for GAS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.