Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upgrading my plug wires for a little extra power and pizazz. I get the gist of the product descriptions but some of the info goes right over my head-

Which is better? I'm open to other brand suggestions, price really isn't a factor as long as they come in red and have high quality and proven performance.

Thanks!

ThunderVolt $65
These ThunderVolt 8.2mm wires from Taylor are an easy, proven, dyno-tested way to gain more power simply by changing your spark plug wires!

These factory replacement, ultra-high performance ignition wire sets are loaded with features and benefits, including:

* 50 ohms of resistance per foot
* 100 percent silicone 2-layer jacket
* Ferrite spiral-wound coated core
* RFI and EMI-compatible for all ignition systems
* Dyno-tested to outperform the competition
* Superior spark energy
* Increased horsepower
* Significant torque gains
* Smoother idle
* Improved fuel economy

Spiro-Pro $54

Taylor Spiro-Pro wire sets are the finest high performance street and race wires available today. They have maximum firepower without radio interference, provide up to 10 times less resistance than standard resistor core wire, and are a must for electronic ignitions, on-board computers, stereos, and pit radios. Other features include a 100 percent silicone inner and outer jacket that provides heat protection up to 600 degrees F, low-profile silicone boots with grips, and double spring locking spark plug terminals for a secure connection. They're available in your choice of vibrant colors.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I use MSD Super Conductor wires on everything. Mine and customer cars, i see an improvement over what they come in with. MSD Super Conductor have a resistance value of 40-50 ohms of resistance per foot. i have never heard any radio noise. cost about $20 more. just an option.

·
Registered
590 Posts
throttle response, mpg, smoother idle, stronger spark. ect

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions!

What brand of spark plugs are you using?

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
590 Posts
you have the 4.0, correct?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
BUMMER! I just checked the fitment from your link- they won't fit on a 2010.
heres a link for plugs. ive used them before. i entered my 4.0 but you could find the home page and enter 2010 and see what it says. i would think it should use the same plugs. i like the fusions too. right now i`m running the ngk`s though. right now they have a special going on the fusions, click that link on the site ( 2.00 off per plug)
Sparkplugs.com - Application Search Results

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heres a link for plugs. ive used them before. i entered my 4.0 but you could find the home page and enter 2010 and see what it says. i would think it should use the same plugs. i like the fusions too. right now i`m running the ngk`s though. right now they have a special going on the fusions, click that link on the site ( 2.00 off per plug)
Sparkplugs.com - Application Search Results

I actually looked at sparkplugs.com and they didn't have 2010 listed as an option yet. Again, I would think they would take the same plugs as 05-09.

Which do you like better, fusion or ngk? The bosch ones earlier looked good too. Eh... I need to keep researching!

·
Registered
313 Posts
plugs

Thanks for the suggestions!

What brand of spark plugs are you using?
goodol Autolite 5143,,i gapped mine .043 for the supercharger, then took the sc off for upgrades and have been running them with the same gap and stock coil with no problems....i did keep my 39lbs injectors and have a semi stock tune for them....but the car runs great....

BTW i do have the MAGNECOR KV85 race wires - 3 years now no problems at all...their web page does a great job at explaining things...take the time and read it.....

·
Registered
590 Posts
the fusion will fit your 2010 4.0. i personally prefer the fusion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right on! Amazon.com confirms the fitment for Bosch (4509) Platinum IR Fusions and has the $2.00 rebate as well. Overall they're much less expensive than thought too.

I read the Magnacor site, it's full of very useful information for their products as well as plug wires overall, very impressive! They're definitely a contender for wires... Now to research the fitment for the other brands of plugs suggested. I'm glad I've got a little downtime at work today to play here and research the suggestions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.