Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i know that the tb has been in development for a while i guess. but i see now on rpm's web site has 2 tb's, both 62mm, one from bbk. now info on bbk's site though? and on mmr's site there is a 60 mm one. does anyone have these or have any more info on them.

in addition on the steeda site under about us-highlights and achievements they delevired the first vert q. and it says it has the 90 mm maf, wtf, i want one. any info if they are going to release a new maf and maybe even an intake tube. anyone got ifo on this?

thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
Spoke to them and Californiamustang.com today about the BBK TB. BBK is developing it, but it hasn't been released yet, hence it not appearing on BBK's site as a product.
Retailers selling BBK products apparently can take orders for the TBs even though they're not out yet.

As far as I know, there's only one other new TB available for the 05, and it's close to $400 or so (more than the BBK), and for 8-12 hp, that's seriously pushing the wallet.

~Mo

·
Registered
659 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
ok so i know that the tb has been in development for a while i guess. but i see now on rpm's web site has 2 tb's, both 62mm, one from bbk. now info on bbk's site though? and on mmr's site there is a 60 mm one. does anyone have these or have any more info on them.

in addition on the steeda site under about us-highlights and achievements they delevired the first vert q. and it says it has the 90 mm maf, wtf, i want one. any info if they are going to release a new maf and maybe even an intake tube. anyone got ifo on this?

thanks
The new larger 3rd party throtle bodies are not in production yet. The power gains being claimed are questionable, wait and see. IMO the stock throttle body will likely be large enough for all N.A. bolt-on combinations except engines with heavy head work and larger cams. For blower cars keep your money and spend it on gas.

The new production Steeda CAI kits are now up to 90mm for the MAF housing. First production Steeda CAI kits had an 80mm housing. If you have an existing Steeda kit with 80mm housing you can buy the 90mm housing for $110 from Steeda directly.

HTH

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info, i will call steeda today

1 - 4 of 4 Posts