Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got a 2000 GT 83thous miles with an intake and catback exhaust, would a TB plenum combo be a good next step? and if so any suggestion on which one to get, preferable from american muscle and anything i should know about installing it.

Other question, what exactly does the TB and plenum do and what kinda gains would i expect?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well With the TB/Combo You will only get 10hp/15.1 Lbs for $419 on America muscle it's a Accufab plenum 70mm, Kind of high for maby 10hp if you have the money go for a supper charger to get 100+ Hp. If thats to high in price than , A racing Cam that could give you up to 40hp. if you still want to go with the TB/Combo you could ask the rep of American muscle here on this forum for a discount code.just private message him.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
281 Posts
AMNick is the rep.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Honestly, dont. I installed it right after my airintake, put that money into gears and have em installed. Itll come out to be about the same but with a much more profound effect.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just a rule of thumb.

70mm for N/A engines
75mm+ for Forced induction and engines running nitrous.

A 78 on a N/A engine would actually make you lose power and bog out at low RPMS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.