Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my TCI Street Fighter last week and just got it today!:happydance: As soon as I figure out how to get my big azz under the car I am going to install it. The instructions say to disconnect the battery. Is this really necessary?:headscratch: No wires are to be cut just unplug and plug while the ignition is off. I hate to disconnect the batteryand have to reset my stereo all over again.:( And I am doing it for cosmetics and to be different I dont plan on using the ratchet so dont explain to me why it is useless:shigrin

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ordered my TCI Street Fighter last week and just got it today!:happydance: As soon as I figure out how to get my big azz under the car I am going to install it. The instructions say to disconnect the battery. Is this really necessary?:headscratch: No wires are to be cut just unplug and plug while the ignition is off. I hate to disconnect the batteryand have to reset my stereo all over again.:( And I am doing it for cosmetics and to be different I dont plan on using the ratchet so dont explain to me why it is useless:shigrin
There is no need to disconnect the batt,i didn't when i installed my shifter.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I am going to have to go to the local gas stations tomorrow and see if I can bribe one of them into letting me use their lift. After jacking the car as high as my jack and stands would go it just wasnt gonna happen. I did however find out I have a nail in my drivers front tire:(

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK $10 and a local gas stations lift later I have my shifter installed. :happydance: Took all of 45 minutes of which I wasted 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get the cable off the shifter. :headscratch: I was trying to push the tab in the center up instead of pushing the outer layer up:nono: Works great. Now I just have to put the console back in but I am going to route my stereo wires correctly since its out. I have two questions for those of you who have this shifter: Is the 1 suppose to light up red like all the other numbers when it is in first? And is the o/d button hard to activate? I have to push it pretty good to get it to work. Thanks for all the help.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
63 Posts
if you have you lights on durning the day you cant really see the light indicator. it does light up all positions though for me. old school shifters do not light up so if i cant see mine during the day it doesnt bother me. its fine at night though.

OD button isnt hard on mine, just press it like a button on a remote control.

glad you got it installed, i love mine, i feel like im in my old car :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After contacting TCI they said it was not normal and would be happy to fixit if I took it back out payed to ship it to them and paid the return shipping. :nono: This thing is brand new but will cost me $50 bucks to get it working the way it should have been out of the box. Live and learn. TCI will get no future business from me!

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah, I understand that, I would not want to pay shipping, but this is a very new unit and I could have figured it will have some problems. also, its the only shifter aval like this so I rolled with it.

I would just tell people that 1st doesnt light up so when your running it you can see in the corner of you eye that you have shiftered to high gears once it lights up. lol. just make up something that sounds good :gringreen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.