Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.here we go. I recieved my chin spoiler on Fri and did the install on Sunday. A few things first. 1. Thank you Banana-Baby.
2. The chin spoiner is fiberglass. The quality is first rate. The black gel coat or paint (not sure which ) is very good. I like the thickness. The only thing i think could be better is the lack of paint or finish on the very bottom. (only dead road kill and I care about this).
3. The look is just what i was after. I wanted to fill the empty hole that ford left in the front. The install was basic. I did it during half time (Bucs vs. Buffilo). This is what i used.

I jacked up the front and used jackstands.
I used two clamps to hold the chin spoier in place. One at each end. I used a large welding clamp in the middle to pull the middle up tight. Adjusted to where i wanted it and started drilling. I used a
quarter inch bit. Then used the bolts that were shipped with the spoiler and attached. Not sure if they were stainless but i will repace this week with stainless. This brings me to one of my only complaints. No directions were included with the chin spoiler. Not a big deal anyone could install this thing, but.... I had a 5 inch piece of steel which i am not sure wihat it is for. Ok its installed and i really like the way it looks.

Well now for my opinion. I really like the product. Quality is first rate. Fit is good. Finish is great. I think Team Shinoda builds a good product. I think that they need some improvement in there customer relations and support. Jim hire some help!!! Directions are a must. Now lets take it for a drive and see how much it hits.......

2005 GT Primium
Black on Black
Auto
Rear 285-35ZR19 / 19x9.5
Front 245-40ZR19 / 19x8
Ipod
Roush Spoiler
BMR Strut Brace/UPR strut tower bolt covers
Team Shinoda Chin Spoiler

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sweet! That looks tuff. Thanks for the details on how u did it. Where did u get it? How much did it cost? How long did it take to get it?
Thanx:thumbsup

·
Registered
193 Posts
It looks great and i want one. They are just up the road from me in Milton Fl. I wanted a price for each stage of upgrades they offer but coudnt get anything back. All they said was i could drive my car up there and drop it off.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Makes me get anxious for mine. It should be here on Monday or Tuesday, so next weekend is my turn for the install. :laughlitt

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are $255.00 and that includs shipping. I paid an additional 50 to get it in black. You can get it from www.shinodaperformance.com the guy who is running it is James Klok. Word has it there moving to Pensacola. It took me just over four weeks to get it. Some people are waiting very long periods of time. I think this Jim Klok guy is doing all of the work himself. But I am pleased with the product.

2005 GT Primium
Black on Black
Auto
Rear 285-35ZR19 / 19x9.5
Front 245-40ZR19 / 19x8
Ipod
Roush Spoiler
BMR Strut Brace/UPR strut tower bolt covers
Team Shinoda Chin Spoiler

·
Registered
113 Posts
hogpowr said:
Sweet! That looks tuff. Thanks for the details on how u did it. Where did u get it? How much did it cost? How long did it take to get it?
Thanx:thumbsup
It's $255.00 at http://www.teamshinoda.com/

Billy

·
Registered
222 Posts
The 5" strip of metal goes in the center of the spoiler for a solid mounting point. There are two screws/bolts on the car that it secures it to the underside of the lower center part of the front bumper/front facia. It is designed to fit between the cente of the chin spoiler and the front bumper/facia. You are supposed to drill through the chin spolier, the bracket and the front facia and use the supplied bolt, washers and nut. Then use the other six (3 each side) to secure it to the lower front bumper/facia. Hope this makes sense... Yeah...no instructions, but several guys here have put them on their 05' GTs (I have one but not installed yet) and this seems to be the way to install it. Colorado Stang installed his a few weeks ago, and we talked about the install. See his write up on the install.

Good luck!

Bill

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wsd42 said:
The 5" strip of metal goes in the center of the spoiler for a solid mounting point. There are two screws/bolts on the car that it secures it to the underside of the lower center part of the front bumper/front facia. It is designed to fit between the cente of the chin spoiler and the front bumper/facia. You are supposed to drill through the chin spolier, the bracket and the front facia and use the supplied bolt, washers and nut. Then use the other six (3 each side) to secure it to the lower front bumper/facia. Hope this makes sense... Yeah...no instructions, but several guys here have put them on their 05' GTs (I have one but not installed yet) and this seems to be the way to install it. Colorado Stang installed his a few weeks ago, and we talked about the install. See his write up on the install.

Good luck!

Bill
I just went out into the garage and your right. I took out the two tin screws and put the metel bar in behind the facia. This hids the metal bar and the look is great. I used two quarter inch bolts and lock nuts. I had to drill a hole in the center for the bolt through the middle of the chin spoiler which pulls the whole thing up. Thanks for the help. Anyone adding this mod to ther car should consider changing out the nuts and bolt supplied by Team Shinoda to stainless.

·
Registered
222 Posts
No Problem.... You came up with a good solution, so when I do mine this weekend....putting the strip of metal behind the facia. Ditto on the Stainless Steel bolts and nuts. I will look for some tomorrow to finish it off better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think i will start suppling the stainless bolts the only problem with putting the bar on the inside is it is in the way of the intercooler makes it hard to install on supercharged and turbo cars

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The chin spoiler is great! The tiled floor is really cool.I love props:hihi:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The spoiler looks good, which is more than you can say for the rest of Shinoda's products. The Boss 302 has become an icon but everything else with the SHINODA name on it has looked like feces. I'd be embarassed to drive anything with that much vinyl on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts