Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 with H&R Race Springs installed and I would like to add an adjustable panhard bar. Sor it to work, I have a couple questions:
  • do I need to have the car on a lift?
  • how do I align the rear end with the adjustable panhard bar? Right now, the rear end sits toward the driver's side of the car and is off-centre by roughly 1"
  • also, I would like to share my rear bump stops by 1/2" - do I have to remove the rear springs for this install?
Now, for my wiring question - I have an Autometer Volt Gauge and Water Temerature Gauge that I need to install in my A-Pillar pod. What wire do I tap into the power on the gauge when the key is turned on? Also, what wire do I tap into for the gauge lights so that they are controlled by the dimmer on the head light switch in the car? The more specific you can be, the better please (ie. wire colour and description). Also, do I tap into these wires on the driver's side or the pass. side?

Thanks in advance for any and all details you can provide.

~Darren

G

·
0 Posts
Firstly thanks for the excellent detail regarding your questions. You have no idea how vague some people can be on this forum!

1. You do not need a lift for the panhard bar install, it is very simple.
2. If the axle is offset towards the driver, you will need to shorten the bar. With the old bar out on the ground, put the new one next to it and get them close in length. If you have an on-car adjustable bar this will be easy. Expect to have the new panhard bar about 1/2" shorter than stock as a starting point.

3. If the coil springs are not over the bumpstops(can't remember) then you won't need to remove them. Eibach sells some made for lowered cars.

As far as wiring I would suggest a color printed wiring diagram and talk to a tech to make sure you don't cut anything important. Just wondering though, why do you need those gauges and why do you want them on the "A" pillar? I do believe they come standard in the instrument cluster, I'm just curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
To center the rear axle, tie a lugnut (or a couple of washers, whatever) on a piece of string. Make 2 of these. Tape the string onto the rear fender so that the lugnut centers on your rear wheel center cap. Do this on both sides. Measure on both sides the distance of the string to the sidewall of the tire. Adjust accordingly.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts