Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my setup from techco tuned. It's been done and running for a couple of weeks but I waited until I had solid numbers to post. The kit was great going on. It came with everything I needed except a gt500 fuel pump, which Tillman Speed hooked me up with, and H10 spark plugs, which HPP Racing got for me.

That said, I installed the kit myself with the exception of the spark plugs, done at time of dyno, and fuel pump, since I did not have a lift. I installed the remainder of the kit with the car sitting on the ground. The kit is solid. 8 rib dedicated supercharger pulley, snout brace, and upgraded fuel rails are all in the kit, items I might have to upgrade later on, if not included.

Both Techco and Tillman were extremely helpful in answering any questions and dealing with my crap throughout the install. Major props to them. The instructions were awesome! Labeled pictures, complete descriptions, not a step missed. It was this that allowed me to install the kit myself.

I ran the email tune from Tillman until today, when I went to HPP Racing in Dallas a couple hours away for a tune. Manny got it done in four pulls, having never seen the kit before. He knows his **** backwards and forwards. The kit is a 10 psi kit. It is interesting because though it is a twin screw it stays at 8 psi through the rpms until about 5200, then rolls up to 10 psi. This makes for great throttle response, while maintaining an increasing hp curve throughout the rpms. The numbers I ended were good if everything is taken into account. At the fourth pull, Manny got me 424 rwhp and 398 rwtq. With my 4.10s, the 95 degree temperature, and near or above 100 percent humidity, I'll take that, definitely, especially for fourth pull. It had rained on us 15 min before we started, then the sun came out and made it steamy. My a/f was solid at 11.8, just where it needs to be.

I cannot say what the email tune would have gotten me, because when we attempted to dyno it, the a/f rose to 12.4 at one point, so we shut it down then, just for safety reasons. I had been running that tune on stock spark plugs, and the switch at HPP may have accounted for this, I don't know. One thing I do know, is that my mpg to dallas averaged 11.1 on the email tune, and I averaged 17.3 mpg driving home and around town on Manny's tune. Since my car is daily driven, I'll take that and then some!

Thought about purchasing some nitto drag radials at HPP, but sadly, even though I got in on the intro pricing on the Techco, I can't pay for two massive rear tires just yet, though, that will come in time. Anyway, here's some pics of the install. Just thought I'd share.

Huge props to Techco! Great company to deal with! I needed an electrical connector that broke on me, and they overnighted it, no questions asked! Would find any excuse to do business with them again! Same goes for Tillman! I gave them just as much trouble, and they responded with a lot of help! Manny at HPP was great in tuning the car! I will go back if I need anything, especially drag radials (eventually)!

I know the kit is fairly new, so if ya'll have any questions, feel free to ask or comment!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
That looks sweet dude, I am so jealous I am green right now. No Just drooling.:hihi:
How long did the install take you?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks great! How much was the introductory pricing and same question - how long did it take to install.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
I am leary of any company that uses the word Tech. To me it's a warning side they a not creative.

To my friends and I "tech" is such a joke word that when we are racing we fill out names like:

Tech Tech, inc

Super Turbo Tech, inc

Tech Squared, inc

etc, etc, etc

It sure is funny to hear it from the race anouncer during the races:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am leary of any company that uses the word Tech. To me it's a warning side they a not creative.

To my friends and I "tech" is such a joke word that when we are racing we fill out names like:

Tech Tech, inc

Super Turbo Tech, inc

Tech Squared, inc

etc, etc, etc

So is saleen, apparently. Techco is made up of ex-saleen engineers. They designed the kit. If the SMS mustang ever sees the light of day, guess which kit it will run. Yep, this one.

The kit took me 4-5 days to install, waiting a day or two on other misc parts, tune, and mainly working in the afternoon. I'm really not sure how many hours, but it was easy as cake. I was never baffled at all by any part of the instructions.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Looks nice. :bigthumbsup How does the blower sound while driving?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks nice. :bigthumbsup How does the blower sound while driving?
It sounds awesome. At light throttle, it is just loud enough for me to notice with my cutouts closed (open can't hear it). At WOT, it screams! It's a little lower pitched than some of the older KBs. Closer to a mix of sounds by a reaaally quiet centrifugal, and a whipple or saleen blower. It does have a high pitched whine at idle and part throttle.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Congrats on the install and dyno tune. I like what they have on some of there 'T' shirts, "Invest in tire company stock" or something along that line. :bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
We are running the 10 psi kit on one of our cars. It is running 11.30's and is a monster to drive. Tire eater!:happyhapp

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
So is saleen, apparently. Techco is made up of ex-saleen engineers. They designed the kit. If the SMS mustang ever sees the light of day, guess which kit it will run. Yep, this one.
I like the design a LOT. One of the mags had a long article on this unit recently and I was intrigued (aside from the silly name). It seems like they didn’t miss a thing. The design simply rocks. The thing I like the best is the heat intercooler placement in the “manifold”. It looks like there is a lot of potential for some serious cooling because of the massive cross section(s). If I remember correctly it also had the ability to “grow” with further development of the motor/car which is one of the reasons I got the KB. I wouldn’t want to be stuck with a blower that would limit me to 525hp lets say. The KB is capable of producing more power than I ever plan too.

Maybe this winter when I finally get my $h!t together and yank my motor out I will sell my KB and get one of these. I would like some time to see how things shake out once more people have them. I am expecting good things go. From a design standpoint I can’t think of a blower with better potential pluses.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

Tech Tech, inc

Super Turbo Tech, inc

Tech Squared, inc

etc, etc, etc

vortech then must be full of some real non-creative losers right squidd?:scratchchin

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
vortech then must be full of some real non-creative losers right squidd?:scratchchin
When it comes to choosing names yes. Tech was used up a long time ago.

The word Tech should be "retired" like the rap community collectively “retired” Def. They even held a ceremony on MTV.:bigthumbsup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.