Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, im currently interested in leasing a GT 4.6L.

Heres the car im looking at...
Mustang 2006 GT coupe 4.6L
Silver exterior
Red leather interior
shaker 1000
automatic
18" pirelli all season performance tires
and a load of other features that i didnt care to look for...

The dealer wants 550 a month for 30 months for it, 0 down, in fact, 0 out of pocket fees totally. Plus the first months payment is included in the monthly payments. So, i will technically only be paying for 29 months, 550 each...peroid.

What do you think of this price? Should i go for it?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Where are you located? CA or Northeast...jump on it if you don't mind paying for something that you will NEVER own.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Where are you located? CA or Northeast...jump on it if you don't mind paying for something that you will NEVER own.
Im in the northeast...as for why im leasing it? well....im 19 and have already become quite car hungry. I get tired of cars very quickly, so buying them really isnt a great option for me. Besides...in 30 months...there will be a car out for the same price as this stang that will destroy it in terms of performance, luxury, and overall value.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fleg said:
I've had one lease in my life. The one and only one I will ever have.
leasing is actually pretty nice...assuming you can afford it.

Think about it...you get a new car every 3 years, dont have to care too much about the car cause it isnt actually yours, thus meaning you can use the car that you are leasing to its full potential if ya know wat i mean :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
No, it's not nice. Like I said...I've had one...only one.
You are restricted on everything. Sure you get to beat up on something but in the end you pay for it and then they take it away. Especially with the computers in these cars today they can tell how you treated it.

spitfire6000 said:
leasing is actually pretty nice...assuming you can afford it.

Think about it...you get a new car every 3 years, dont have to care too much about the car cause it isnt actually yours, thus meaning you can use the car that you are leasing to its full potential if ya know wat i mean :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fleg said:
No, it's not nice. Like I said...I've had one...only one.
You are restricted on everything. Sure you get to beat up on something but in the end you pay for it and then they take it away. Especially with the computers in these cars today they can tell how you treated it.
well i guess theres 2 ways to look at everything. But what do u mean you pay for it in the end? I can take a leased car and floor it every day for 3 years, race it whenever i want, and just abuse the crap out of it. If the engine or any other components ever die, the dealership is required to fix it free of charge. Sure tires cost money, but in that case you can just be careful not to wear the tires out too much while taking corners. And the fact that they take it away from you at the end is even better....this way you dont have to worry about selling your car, which you have been abusing for the past 3 years.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
spitfire6000 said:
well i guess theres 2 ways to look at everything. But what do u mean you pay for it in the end? I can take a leased car and floor it every day for 3 years, race it whenever i want, and just abuse the crap out of it. If the engine or any other components ever die, the dealership is required to fix it free of charge. Sure tires cost money, but in that case you can just be careful not to wear the tires out too much while taking corners. And the fact that they take it away from you at the end is even better....this way you dont have to worry about selling your car, which you have been abusing for the past 3 years.
Leasing does not cover abuse, if you screw it up, you will have to pay for it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Not gunna change my mind or countless others here. We are all owners. What do your family and friends say?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gig4Fun said:
Not gunna change my mind or countless others here. We are all owners. What do your family and friends say?
Well my rents like the idea, but they dont know how good of a price it is. Thats why i came here to ask, since after 30 months, i will be paying roughly half of what the car is worth currently at sticker price. (550*29=15,000appox)

As for the fact that you have to pay for abuse...thats really not true, depending on what you consider abuse. On my previous lease, i had been participating in quite a number of illegal street races. This ultimately led to one of the engine components blowing out. Not only that, my break pads and a few other break components were replaced several times. All of these repairs were done completely free of charge by my dealership, and at the same time they provided me a loaner car (infiniti g35x) while my car (m45) was being repaired.

Then again, this might not be the same thing that you would consider abuse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i need some more opinions here guys...tell me what you think.

550 for a ford? i could probably get a new 2006 330i bimmer for that kind of money.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Read your lease contract. Between mileage limits and the car must be returned in the shape a car with only 45k and 3 years should have..which is based on what they think..you will be charged for all that needs replaced. The only time they replace under a lease is the same for people who purchase. 3-36k that is it and that leaves you still paying to replace what happens after that. With a Ford lease not like a BMW or Mercedes leases you will still have the cost and not earned any ownership.

·
Registered
72 Posts
you are gonna do what you want but there is not one respectable national finance host that says leasing is a good thing; if you cant affort to buy it then you cant afford it;

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vicmeldrew said:
you are gonna do what you want but there is not one respectable national finance host that says leasing is a good thing; if you cant affort to buy it then you cant afford it;
well technically, i cant afford to buy ANY car that i truly want. I can spend up to 550 a month with zero down on a car of my choice for 30-36 months. This is why i am almost dead set on leasing. Now, the real question in my mind now is...should i stick with this mustang gt, or should i look for a better car, since 550 can be used for much better quality and higher prestige car lease.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
spitfire6000 said:
i need some more opinions here guys...tell me what you think.

550 for a ford? i could probably get a new 2006 330i bimmer for that kind of money.
Maybe you could get a nice volkswagen.

·
Registered
324 Posts
It's pretty clear you already have your mind made up. The only question you really need to answer for yourself is why are all these guys who actually own these cars or have them on order telling me not to do what I want?

I bet in a couple years you'll be able to answer that but not today.

·
Registered
554 Posts
spitfire6000 said:
well technically, i cant afford to buy ANY car that i truly want. I can spend up to 550 a month with zero down on a car of my choice for 30-36 months. This is why i am almost dead set on leasing. Now, the real question in my mind now is...should i stick with this mustang gt, or should i look for a better car, since 550 can be used for much better quality and higher prestige car lease.

My guess is that your parents can afford any car they want...not you. You are going to do what you want. Personally, I'm rather put off on giving a 19 year old spoiled kid advice as to what he should drive for 550 month.

Go buy your "Bimmer", or your VW, or your Acura, or your whatever...I really dont care. I know your type. The type that doesnt care because mommy and daddy have deep pockets. I couldnt believe what I was reading when you described how you would tear it up and turn it in. Kinda made me sick. That beater might be the only 05 I can afford 3 years from now, and I wouldnt want a car that's been thrashed. You see, I love Mustangs in general. I dont think you should get one because I know you wouldnt appreciate it.

By the way, junior, if you blow an engine while racing (illegal or legal) it automatically voids the warranty. No questions asked. On second thought, maybe your parents should buy you the fastest car you can ask for...my guess is you'll wrap it around a tree in the first month and then I wont have to worry about the gene pool becoming even more dilluted than it already is. I also wont have to worry about some immature kid who admits to street racing being out on the road and endangering my family.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jasons99gt said:
My guess is that your parents can afford any car they want...not you. You are going to do what you want. Personally, I'm rather put off on giving a 19 year old spoiled kid advice as to what he should drive for 550 month.

Go buy your "Bimmer", or your VW, or your Acura, or your whatever...I really dont care. I know your type. The type that doesnt care because mommy and daddy have deep pockets. I couldnt believe what I was reading when you described how you would tear it up and turn it in. Kinda made me sick. That beater might be the only 05 I can afford 3 years from now, and I wouldnt want a car that's been thrashed. You see, I love Mustangs in general. I dont think you should get one because I know you wouldnt appreciate it.

By the way, junior, if you blow an engine while racing (illegal or legal) it automatically voids the warranty. No questions asked. On second thought, maybe your parents should buy you the fastest car you can ask for...my guess is you'll wrap it around a tree in the first month and then I wont have to worry about the gene pool becoming even more dilluted than it already is.
Who ever said that my parents are paying a single cent for this car? Did u ever take the time to consider that i might have a well paying job? And no, my parents are pretty average people and no they cannot afford any car of their choice...which leads me to believe that you are quite ignorant and jump to inconsiderate conclusions, probably because of your own insecurities.

What is it that made you so upset and disgusted by my description of car abuse? Did u not know that it is in fact the main reason why people lease cars in the first place? Maybe you are just not sufficiently educated on the subject, but if you would like to be...go right ahead and ask any certified car dealer thats been in the business for over 5 years.

I really dont understand what seems to be your problem...is it that you are pissed off at yourself because a person much younger than you can afford something much more expensive than you? or is it that you are so closed minded that you generalize all people into one group?

If you didnt want to offer me any advice about this car, then why did u take so much time to write this post? You say that i wont appreciate the mustang...but why? is it because you think mustangs should only be driven by low income "all-americans"? You also said that you hope that i get a fast car and die in a car accident...which also proves to me that despite your age, no matter what it may be, you are quite uneducated and are lacking in manners. Why would u wish death on someone for something so insignificant. I really hope you can resolve your personal issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Most of the people that I know that lease cars (and I know a fair number of them) lease them because of tax incentives associated with using the vehicle with their business. I really don't know very many people that lease outside of that although I do know some people that have leased personally but would never do it again based on reasons already provided.

I think people here are just asking you to be cautious before getting into something that you will regret later. There is a lot of experience on these boards and if you ask for an opinion listen with an open mind and take what is said to heart.

·
Registered
122 Posts
should i stick with this mustang gt, or should i look for a better car, since 550 can be used for much better quality and higher prestige car lease.
Why??? :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.