Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well they are telling me i havent post anything in weeks. So i have an 89 5.0 lx with bolt on and my brother ask me to trade with his 89 gt convertiblet. The only thing it has a CAI. I said of course but did i make a good choice? Tell me what you guys think. Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
No!! Verts are heavier. Unless your looking at it from just a cruising car point of view, in that case a vert is alright. But as a street strip car I would never have a convertible. Just my. 02.

·
Registered
359 Posts
No!! Verts are heavier. Unless your looking at it from just a cruising car point of view, in that case a vert is alright. But as a street strip car I would never have a convertible. Just my. 02.
+1!
I personally think that the Gt verts are the ugliest foxbodys, but thats just me. And on the youtube video it looks like you got a decent setup on your LX so i dont think it would be to good of a trade. Once again thats just my opinion. Do what you feel is best :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thats the thing. I love the lx and the convertible. I know they are heavy but I think at this point I want more of a cruiser. I have a 2 year old kid so as you can see in the video theres no seats in the back of the lx, its not my daily driver but I like to take him around every once in a while since he love my cars just as much as I do. :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
I think trading for the vert was good, nothing like the top down on a bright sunny day!!!! and honestly what are they 200lbs heavy, big whoop, enjoy it!!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys. I love convertibles for the same reason. Plus my brother doesnt like them. One of the reasons I agree to trade is because the car was sitting in te back of my house for a year and a half. Just cuz it needed a new clutch

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys. I love convertibles for the same reason. Plus my brother doesnt like them. One of the reasons I agree to trade is because the car was sitting in te back of my house for a year and a half. Just cuz it needed a new clutch

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Well it is totally up to you and if you wanna cruise well then you made the right choice.....slap a procharger on it and be done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts