Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of worried about my temperature gauge on my '96 stang. I bought the car in early June 2005 and it has a lil over 100k miles. About 2 days after i got it i noticed the temp. gauge was running a little warm. I replaced the thermostat with a 180 degrees one, flushed the radiator and then realized that the intake manifold was cracked so i fixed that. My temp. gauge still runs a little past the half way mark when i am doing average city cruising. My fan kicks in once it starts to get warm, but i wasnt sure if it is supposed to run all the time. I am just wondering if the temp gauge is giving me an accurate reading or if its something serious. Any ideas would be great

Thanx......Joe

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
96 GT's are notorious for running hot. I believe there was a recall but I'm not sure what part of the cooling system was actually recalled. I want to say it was the radiator but don't quote me on it. The 180 thermostat isn't going to help a bit. The ****** ass intake manifold is part of the problem but, again, I think there was a recall.

·
Registered
18 Posts
96 GT temperature Problem

The temperature problem in my 96 GT drove me crazy:eyebulge:, I changed the thermostat, but it didn't help. so i replaced the radiator with a bigger one, cheated the temp sensor so the fan kicks in at a very low temp; and I also added a powerful fan in front of the radiator. Now, it never goes as high as it used to. In summer days' traffic, it goes to half way. Cooler engine means longer engine's life:).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.