1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Where is that in relation to Knoxville?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm in Franklin, just south of Nashville, so about an hour-and-a-half from Clarksville.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Loudon here (about thirty five miles southwest of Knoxville). Same state, but not really close.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not to lure you TN guys away from this site, but if you're looking for a "car board" more East.Tenn related, please check out www.highperformancetoys.com . Plenty of meets, get togethers, cruises, dragstrip trips and some people with good info over there as well.

Lotsa GM F-body's there, but there are Mustangs as well to keep them in check, we get along.

For us MOD MOTOR guys, Gene and Robert Hindman both use that board from time to time, and if need be can contact them that way. For those that don't know Rob and Gene, Robert is the FFW MOD MOTOR CHAMP in his GT, and Gene is the big 5.0 guru.

Anyways, not trying to lure anyone away, just trying to keep all people of a common interest in the same general area at a more frequented website.

Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Re: tennessee?

I used to live in Spring Hill. Moved to Auburn, AL now. My sister still lives in Spring Hill and works for Saturn.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cookeville, TN here...

·
Registered
24 Posts
welll for the summer im living and working in clarksville my parents live in thompson station(beside spring hill) thats where i normally am summers and i got to school in cookeville.

·
Registered
91 Posts
clarksville here too

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Possibly we should arrange a AFM TN Meet and Greet in Nashville sometime?

·
Registered
91 Posts
seems to be a enough of us for a small gathering..i'd show

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I would do my best, if scheduled a month or so in advance my wife and I would be there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There's an open track event at the Nashville Superspeedway coming up over the Memorial Day week-end. I was there last year and had a ball but it was the week prior to Memorial Day. I can't be there this year due to a little motorsporting event in Indianapolis. If you guys decide come to town for this event, have a ball without me. If you get something else cooking for some other time frame I'd love to put faces with screen names.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm down for a group meeting... Could even arrange something from our club as well, to meet with everyone if you like...

·
Registered
91 Posts
i am game, lets do it

·
Registered
77 Posts
As it turns out, the event is Friday and Saturday so I'm taking mine out onto the track on Friday. Details are soon to be available at the Music City Mustang Club website: http://www.musiccitymustangclub.org/
It's $135 per day for each division (which is based on the driver's competetive driving experience and qualifications) and a garage space is $50 per day (and worth it!)
Even if you don't plan to drive on the track it's great just to come hang around in the garage area or watch from the victory lane area...for FREE! It's a really nice facility which hosts two Busch races, a Craftsman Truck race and an IRL race each year. Check out the facility website at:
http://www.nashvillesuperspeedway.com/
Also, there was a professional motorsports photgrapher there last year taking pictures which were available for purchase. I haven't heard if he's coming back this year but you can take a look at his work at:
http://www.wesduenkel.com/events.htm
The pictures from last year's event are about halfway down the page.
Come on out!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Jackson, TN here. Looking for a club to join. Contact me if you know of one for the West Tennessee region.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts