Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! I kinda died and went to heaven last evening, I went to check for prices and availability on 2011's a my dealer. He had two on his lot, nothing in my price range, a 2011 V6 vert going for 37K and 5.0 CS going for about 47k. He made me a few quotes on other V6's but, I got to test drive both.....The V6 is sweet for sure and a heck of alot better that my 06, but the 5.0 CS....Tripple black...looked amazine. :worship The 5.0 is a sweet engine, too bad there was a bit of traffic but I still had a nice ride. That engine just asks for more, really a amazing piece of work.

For all you guys with 2011's, enjoy them for those who can't for now. :yelwacko:

·
Registered
70 Posts
37K for a v6 vert and 47K for a CS 5.0 Those prices seem way too high like almost 10K more than they should be Am I missin somethin?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Maybe Canadian dollars?
Dave

·
Registered
93 Posts
Canadian GT's

Yea...we get %$#@#@ in Canadian $$ with the exchange.

There is also a difference in the packages we can order.

In the US you can buy a stripped down Old School base GT package....car and engine.

We have to pay about $5k more for our base GT as it has lots of stuff that a lot of us don't want that are part of our entry level GT package here.

Leather, 500 series sound system, and a bunch of other tick boxes already filled in!

I would have preferred a car and engine plus cloth seats so you don't slide around as much on the road course!:gringreen

Cheers Paul

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was looking around www.Ford.ca just for fun and saw GTs around $40,000 Canadian. I thought, "yeah, that's about right with the exchange", but then I looked at what the Canadian Dollar was worth.....it's almost 1 to 1 for the US Dollar!!!!!! I always thought it was like $1 USD equalled $.75 CAD; guess those days are over. I have to say it would be a tough decision to spend $40k on a GT.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly, we get screwed up here and it's not because of the exchange. It's also a market size thing. The best way to go for us if the car is over 30K is to buy it in the USA and import it here. We can save alot of money that way and for will honor the waranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.