Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just went to the junkyard to get a tfi module for my 91 mustang because the one i had just crapped out. I got one from a v6 3.5l ford something and one from a v8 lincoln. Anyone know if these will be able to work?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Can you list the part number on them? And what year vehicles? There is a difference in some TFI's Some are Push start and some are CCD( computer controlled Dwell) Big differnce

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are both motorcraft but i dont know the year. One part number is E9DF-I2A297-A1A 5B28A. Ill try to get the other later

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright how bout this one...E6SF-12A297 A2A 9A24C

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its gray i guess. Not black like the other one

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Thats why I asked, the other ones part number lead me to believe its was black. Any TFI with a starting number E9 is going to be a CCD TFI and it wont work in a push start TFI system. It will crank and fire, but it will run like Poo. Im really not sure on the other TFI module. As far as I know, as long as the part number doesnt start with E9 or higher, it should work. Let me know if it does.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright thanks. I have a new one coming that will work for sure but its nice to have a back up since these are suppose to go bad quite a bit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts