Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ran this cam in there set up, i might run it in my combo of 202 edelbrock heads, Trick flow intake, and the trick flow stage 2 cam, with a 10 n half compresion 347ci set-up. Is they any cons on tuning this cam and whats power band look like. Is it worth installing, i want the car to be streetable thanx ?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have the tfs-51402000 and its power band is around 2000-5000 rpm with the GT40P heads and Cobra intake mani with 70mm TB and the car pulls good. And is streetable. Its actually a preety light cam I dont know if its a stage 2 though. Alot of cams are matched for your setup, thats why if you dont buy a "kit" everyone will tell you theres nothing better than a custom grind cam. They are usually like $300+ I believe. Hope this helps or tells you anything. I believe I have a sound clip of my cam I can send you later ?

R

·
0 Posts
for a 347 you would be better to go for a custom grind ....

the cost is not that much more than an off the shelf......

but performance wise major difference.......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like u hv the tfs1 cam , i was thinking sumthing that doesnt require a smog carb #. custom cam does sound temping but i rather get a cam that sumbody already has and has sum positive feed back with my simalir set up combo.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
The TFS is the 2000 series, if I remember right. You can't go by the power band jeff has with this cam and say you'll have the same. Since the heads you have are larger, this will move the power band up in RPM's. There is a reason why the most experienced and smarter guys go custom. Its all around the best way. If you give the cam grinder all the info of your combo, all the way to what gears your running. The custom cam will absolutely blow any OTS cam out of the water, in every aspect. Its that simple. If you get the same cam everyone else is running, your only as fast as they are. Don't Skimp on a cam.

R

·
0 Posts
The TFS is the 2000 series, if I remember right. You can't go by the power band jeff has with this cam and say you'll have the same. Since the heads you have are larger, this will move the power band up in RPM's. There is a reason why the most experienced and smarter guys go custom. Its all around the best way. If you give the cam grinder all the info of your combo, all the way to what gears your running. The custom cam will absolutely blow any OTS cam out of the water, in every aspect. Its that simple. If you get the same cam everyone else is running, your only as fast as they are. Don't Skimp on a cam.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Well Presented........:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
In my last post, it was supposed to say the TFS stage 2 is the 2000 series. I forgot the Stage 2 part.

Now, your missing the point Silver, Its not about a Brand Cam. Comp does do custom grinds, but they wont put as much in the thought of the Cam as a Individual Grinder/designer.

If your serious about a Custom, and absolutely sure.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
trick flow cams
TFS-51402000 STAGE 1
TFS-51402001 STAGE 2
TFS-51402002 STAGE 3

was thinking of stage 2 but im leaning more on a custom grind cam now

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
trick flow cams
TFS-51402000 STAGE 1
TFS-51402001 STAGE 2
TFS-51402002 STAGE 3

was thinking of stage 2 but im leaning more on a custom grind cam now

Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking the last 4 digits went

1000 for stage 1
2000 for stage 2
3000 for stage 3

I was wrong.

R

·
0 Posts
In my last post, it was supposed to say the TFS stage 2 is the 2000 series. I forgot the Stage 2 part.

Now, your missing the point Silver, Its not about a Brand Cam. Comp does do custom grinds, but they wont put as much in the thought of the Cam as a Individual Grinder/designer.

If your serious about a Custom, and absolutely sure.

Talk to Jay Allen at Camshaft Innovations - Home. he will set you up right and the Customer Service will surpass Comp Cams by a Ton. :bigthumbsup
I will attest to that i had a comp custom grind......

it was better than anything i ever had off the shelf......

then i had jay do one for me

OMG what a difference the funny thing is was the same basic profile but what a difference......

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Not a stroker Ill tell you that. But the motor im building now will be a 306. JE pistons, Gt40P's that I have laying around, and it will still have a Jay Allen Custom Cam. Even Mom and Pop builds like mine can still benefit from and custom cam and the supporting valve train parts to make it rev like a banshee 4-wheeler. Then the heads will be changed as soon as I know the bottom end is sound. Looking at the TFS Fast as Cast 190cc Heads. Jay likes them alot and I trust his Judgement.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kool thanx for the info, i believe u gave me a comp cam grind # that u said was a awsome off the shelt cam RLG34750. Do u remeber it?

R

·
0 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.