Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order Monday for all of the sheet metal parts I need to get my 1966 Coupe back on the road to recovery. They were having a 15% off sale and with that, no sales taxes and no shipping it was a bargain. The parts shipped on Tuesday and they were delivered by FedEx Ground yesterday. Hubby and I will start installing them this weekend. He says the parts look great!

So our experience with them so far was a good one. Great prices, lightning fast shipping! Yay! :bigthumbsup

And the best part? :laughlitt <- that's me jumping up and down. I get to start learning how to weld although hubby has assured me that he will teach me on other metal first and won't let me weld anyplace on the car where I can screw it up. :gringreen

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
You go girl!! I've never had problems with them. They even replaced things that were defective at no charge and without having to return the defective item. Enjoy your guys' project!:bigthumbsup Wish I could get my fiance to get involved with mine.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Yeah the parts *look* great.... You'll probably have a different opinion of the parts once you have to start installing them. Hopefully you did not get any quarter skins.

PS welcome to reproduction sheet metal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are a few pictures I took last weekend. This was after I had removed the seats and door panels and pulled out the carpet and most of that brittle tar-like underlayment. I still have to remove the rest of the emblems, bumper, tail lights, etc. But it gives you a good idea of the condition of the car.

The hubby has a 1970 Camaro Z28 that he restored, so he is very familiar with getting repro sheet metal to fit. I know that the sheet metal I bought will need some "adjustment" but that's cool. Fortunately, I didn't have to buy any quarters or doors or anything like that. I'm only dealing with floor pans, the battery tray and battery apron. The car is actually in fairly good condition. I bought it from the son of the original owner and it was garage-kept for all of it's life. :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I hear the cowls are notorious for rusting out so that might be an area to look at. Looks pretty good for the most part. Pony interior?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts