Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for your input.:worship I got the engine out of the 84 turbo cuope, it was covered in oil because the cork valve cover gasket had been smashed out of place when it was installed.Took it home and tore it down and checked bearing clearances, they were on the high side but within service limits.the cross hatching was still visible on the cylinder walls and no real noticable ridges at the top, so I did'nt bother removing the pistons.Cleaned er' up,new set of gaskets and paint and dropped er' in.Thanks to all the good info from everyone on the forums, wiring the EEC went without a hitch.The Merkur engine had water in the oil (it was milky) so I took the intake, Turbo and EEC and used them on the tc engine.Fired it up and it runs great!!!!! :laughlitt
The only problem now is, none of the race car hondas with the fart-can muffler and the wing has pulled up beside me yet :mad:
Oh yah, thanks for telling me about the second fuel pump.
Anyway I just wnt to say thanks for your help.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Always a pleasure helping someone with a project I wanted to do and have helped with in the past... as a Merkur Owner... obviously I have the knowledge of the 2.3L T blocks and the difference that lie in between them and the 2.3L N/A motors. I have been around the 2.3L Turbo motors for a good little while, and I will try to be around here as often as people need to know anything that I know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.