Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temps have been in the 90s and the sun has been out. Yesterday the shifter (metal one) was hot as *$&#**@#*#@.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
get a different handle for the summer...the leather ones are nice, I have my OEM on my Cobra/pro 5.0...never a problem even in Florida...also it helps to put one of those foldup windshield shades on your windshield when parked...and of course you have to have tinted windows here in FL...go Wings, but better yet GO BOLTS!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
get a different handle for the summer...the leather ones are nice, I have my OEM on my Cobra/pro 5.0...never a problem even in Florida...also it helps to put one of those foldup windshield shades on your windshield when parked...and of course you have to have tinted windows here in FL...go Wings, but better yet GO BOLTS!
I was thinking about a new one for the summer. Not sure what adapters, etc. I need from Grabber Pony. Any insight form anyone? I have the 401a package.

I have a sun shade that I use all summer.

And I was pulling for the Bolts once the Wings were knocked out. Now I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the metal ball shift knob on my '10, and last summer I started keeping a rolled-up sock in the center console to slip over the shifter when it gets too hot :D Sounds silly, but it helps. My car is rarely parked outside during the day long enough for it to be a regular issue, though.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I was thinking about a new one for the summer. Not sure what adapters, etc. I need from Grabber Pony. Any insight form anyone? I have the 401a package.

I have a sun shade that I use all summer.

And I was pulling for the Bolts once the Wings were knocked out. Now I don't know what to do.
I highly recommend a new shifter from GrabberPony, I absolutely love mine and while the adapter gets hot, the knob itself doesn't at all. I'm not sure which adapter you need, I have a stock bare bones 3.7 and the standard adapter fit flawlessly.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Also have the 401A package on my GT. Went with a GrabberPony knob because it doesn't get hot, and you can customize it to look any way you want. Since I have black interior, I got a black knob with grabber blue graphics to match the stripe on my seats.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also have the 401A package on my GT. Went with a GrabberPony knob because it doesn't get hot, and you can customize it to look any way you want. Since I have black interior, I got a black knob with grabber blue graphics to match the stripe on my seats.
What adapter did you have to get?

·
Registered
366 Posts
My shifter isn't too bad, but the aluminum on my steering wheel sure gets hot. When I have to park outside I use a covercraft sun shade, and even though the sun never touches the steering wheel, the aluminum parts seem to absorb a lot of heat from the ambient temperature inside.

We're looking at 90+ here in Charlotte from now until end of August...maybe it's time to get some gloves! :cooldude:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Wow, I'm glad I got the non metal shifter handle. It was 105 on Saturday and it never even got warm.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nobody can tell me what the right adapter I need from Grabber Pony for the 401a interior package?

·
Registered
147 Posts
12MM x 1.25 from GrabberPony... comes in polished/frosted or black depending on what knob you're ordering so you can match it up or whatever YOU like. I got the old school retro WHITE knob with black adapter. Looks awesome.

GrabberPony.com - Shift Knobs in Mustang Colors (Powered by CubeCart)

mine looks like the one pictured here. (Except I have saddle int)

·
Registered
52 Posts
^^^WRONG

The 401 a package takes the .75 inch adapter.

The stock boot and the 402a CS boot take the larger 1.25.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've got an aluminum T-Handle. I just put my ball cap over it to keep the heat off! :cooldude:

J

·
0 Posts
Metallic shift knobs in cars are just about the dumbest idea ever.
They're too cold in the winter, too hot in the summer and the reflective ones can blind you.

My last 2 honda 6-speeds had a leather/metal knob and I vowed to never have another one in a car. Sure, they look pretty cool but they fail hard in everyday use.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
12MM x 1.25 from GrabberPony... comes in polished/frosted or black depending on what knob you're ordering so you can match it up or whatever YOU like. I got the old school retro WHITE knob with black adapter. Looks awesome.

GrabberPony.com - Shift Knobs in Mustang Colors (Powered by CubeCart)

mine looks like the one pictured here. (Except I have saddle int)
^^^WRONG

The 401 a package takes the .75 inch adapter.

The stock boot and the 402a CS boot take the larger 1.25.
Grabber Tail is correct. I sent an email to Grabber Pony and this is what I received back:

Hello RedWings,

I have attached a photo to this email that should help you determine which adapter you need. With the 401A interior it is most likely that you will need our .75" Bullitt Style adapter. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you!

GrabberPony.com

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went with the Boss 302 knob on my 401a interior. Nowhere near as hot as the metal ball that it came with. For $50, I prefer the look to the aftermarket knobs, and you don't need a spacer set up, it fits right in like the stock 401a knob did.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Metallic shift knobs in cars are just about the dumbest idea ever.
They're too cold in the winter, too hot in the summer and the reflective ones can blind you.

My last 2 honda 6-speeds had a leather/metal knob and I vowed to never have another one in a car. Sure, they look pretty cool but they fail hard in everyday use.
yeah my rsx-s had one and it was scorching in the summer and ice cold in the winter. I used a small footie sock most of the time when I wasn't in the car.

I've got a white steeda cue ball knob on the way so hopefully it won't be as hot sa the stock knob.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.