Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TRUEVIEW FORECAST.....

TONIGHT: RAIN/SNOW MIX, THEN OVERNIGHT SHOWERS.
LOW: 33

TUESDAY: PERIODS OF RAIN AND BREEZY.
HIGH: 39

TUESDAY NIGHT: OCCASIONAL SNOW WITH 2-3 INCHES POSSIBLE.
LOW: 29

WEDNESDAY: MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS.
HIGH: 32

THURSDAY: PARTLY CLOUDY AND CONTINUED COLD.
HIGH: 33
Well that's it, today was the last day I got to drive in style for a couple months. :sosad:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unfortunately that weather is probably heading in my direction (Northeast) and I just picked my new ride up yesterday. Well, I hope to get another week or two in before the snow, road salt, and sand are everywhere.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Yeah, and it's coming our way, you keep that stuff in your own state :sosad:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DETROIT/PONTIAC HAS ISSUED A WIND
ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 12 PM EST
WEDNESDAY.

SUSTAINED SOUTHWEST WINDS 25 TO 35 MPH...WITH GUSTS AS HIGH AS 50
MPH...WILL DEVELOP BEHIND A STRONG COLD FRONT MOVING THROUGH THE
REGION SHORTLY AFTER MIDNIGHT. THE STRONG WINDS WILL CONTINUE
INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING BEFORE TAPERING OFF DURING THE AFTERNOON.

A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 MPH OR GUSTS TO
45 MPH ARE EXPECTED. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING
DIFFICULT...ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. USE EXTRA
CAUTION.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Yeah, and it's coming our way, you keep that stuff in your own state :sosad:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DETROIT/PONTIAC HAS ISSUED A WIND
ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 12 PM EST
WEDNESDAY.

SUSTAINED SOUTHWEST WINDS 25 TO 35 MPH...WITH GUSTS AS HIGH AS 50
MPH...WILL DEVELOP BEHIND A STRONG COLD FRONT MOVING THROUGH THE
REGION SHORTLY AFTER MIDNIGHT. THE STRONG WINDS WILL CONTINUE
INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING BEFORE TAPERING OFF DURING THE AFTERNOON.

A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 MPH OR GUSTS TO
45 MPH ARE EXPECTED. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING
DIFFICULT...ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. USE EXTRA
CAUTION.

heavy snow here with 30+mph gusts.

:wavey

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
kscoyote said:
heavy snow here with 30+mph gusts.

:wavey
I blame Canada, it's always their fault :eyebulge:
Go RED WINGS

·
Registered
867 Posts
Today: Sunny. Areas of blowing dust. Highs 82 to 87 in the western valleys to 86 to 91 near the foothills. Winds northeast 20 to 30 mph becoming east 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Local gusts to 40 mph. Winds northeast 15 to 25 mph.
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs 79 to 84 in the western valleys to 84 to 89 near the foothills. Winds northeast 15 to 20 mph.
Thursday: Sunny. Highs 75 to 80 in the western valleys to 82 to 87 near the foothills. Light winds becoming northeast 15 mph in the afternoon.
Friday: Sunny. Highs 77 to 82 in the western valleys to 82 to 87 near the foothills.
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs 77 to 82 in the western valleys to 83 to 88 near the foothills.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs 77 to 82 in the western valleys to 83 to 88 near the foothills.

Oh Dear - What should I do? The convertible is still in the shop. I guess I'll have to settle for the coupe with the windows rolled down. :evillol:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
2horseowner said:
Today: Sunny. Areas of blowing dust. Highs 82 to 87 in the western valleys to 86 to 91 near the foothills. Winds northeast 20 to 30 mph becoming east 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Local gusts to 40 mph. Winds northeast 15 to 25 mph.
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs 79 to 84 in the western valleys to 84 to 89 near the foothills. Winds northeast 15 to 20 mph.
Thursday: Sunny. Highs 75 to 80 in the western valleys to 82 to 87 near the foothills. Light winds becoming northeast 15 mph in the afternoon.
Friday: Sunny. Highs 77 to 82 in the western valleys to 82 to 87 near the foothills.
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs 77 to 82 in the western valleys to 83 to 88 near the foothills.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs 77 to 82 in the western valleys to 83 to 88 near the foothills.

Oh Dear - What should I do? The convertible is still in the shop. I guess I'll have to settle for the coupe with the windows rolled down. :evillol:
Keep dreaming for that White Christmas, cause it ain't going to happen :kooky:
Let's see, Frosty the Sandman.....
Let it dust. let it dust, let it dust....
Over the River and through the Sandstorm...to Grandmother's house we go.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
2horseowner said:

man, you're lucky you're so far away, right now, else I'd be tempted to beat the crap out of you!!!

:sterb: :sterb:

Kidding!

I used to live in SD -704 Ft. Stockton. The only thing I miss is the weather, and the skimpy outfits in the clubs!

:laughlitt

·
Registered
867 Posts
Oh yes - the ladies do know how to dress for success :eyepoppin and the Torch vert is a definite babe magnet. I'm originally an east coaster - you couldn't drag me out of here with a bulldozer now.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
2horseowner said:
Oh yes - the ladies do know how to dress for success :eyepoppin and the Torch vert is a definite babe magnet. I'm originally an east coaster - you couldn't drag me out of here with a bulldozer now.
I went to a place called Madrid, or Barcelona, or something.

:eyebulge: :eyepoppin :worship :drool: :shiny: :kooky: :thumbsup :hihi: :drink: :naughty :naughty :naughty

It was amazing!

I thought I was in Hugh Hefner's castle!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Of course, since I didn't have a Ferrari (actually, I had NO car, as my ex wrecked mine) I couldn't get the time of day .. .

:sosad:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Vert's in the shop (still getting the top replaced for the last 13 days); and today it's snowing!!! I guess when she's back home the winter rims and tires are going on and the top will be up until April.

As a side note, though: My CAI did come in today!!! So at least I'll get to play with her a little when she get's back in MY garage.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Vandil said:
Well that's it, today was the last day I got to drive in style for a couple months. :sosad:
Wrapped mine up this past weekend. Old man winter is back. Maybe late March will start off the driving season again.:sosad:

·
Registered
65 Posts
pcfrisch said:
I blame Canada, it's always their fault :eyebulge:
Go RED WINGS
Hey! it's not always our fault. We've had some better weather here than in some states this year. I think it's those "Colorado Lows" causing the problems! :sterb:

Go Leafs! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm just a hopin for a few good days first week of December...wouldlike to get her home and have a few months of nice weather...Ohio does kinda rule that out though :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Vandil, I know your pain (Janesville!). Drove her home last night from work, pulled into the garage, dried her off and put her to sleep :sleeping:.

I do plan to bring her out whenever we have a dry day and no salt on the road this winter. Winter sucks....

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I checked the window this morning and saw zero snow on the pavement. Not bad considering I was having a hard time seeing the road last night it was falling so hard(driving a subaru). So I figured I'd give the pony one last ride into work and back just to see for myself what the stang was like on slick surfaces. Then I could hit the car wash on the way home and put her away all nice and clean.

Took the backway in this AM (county highway). The melting snow/frost from the evening before had slicked up the road in numerous oddball places. Black Ice in the middle of corners, hills, ect. The stang was certainly losing traction and sliding in places, TCS warning light flashing on and off in the instrument panel.

While the car was certainly loose on the road the TCS did a nice job of helping control the back end. It's not a drive I'd want to make regularly, but it would certainly do in a pinch.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Can I ask a stupid question?

Why doesn't anybody drive their mustang in the winter anymore? I live in northern NY, and I bought mine in January. Since it's my only car, I drive it in whichever weather happens to come to the north country...and I have yet to have a problem. Sure, 4WD would be nice and all, but it's just a car!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Personally I didn't trade my previous vehicle in when I got the stang. Why not drive that on the most accident prone days of the year? It's not me I'm worried about, it's the other people. I'm keeping the stang nice and safe @ home.

BTW I got a call this AM from a friend of mine who owns a subaru WRX with some mods on it. Always giving me a hard time about not being able to drive my car year round. AWD is the king of winter, blah blah. He tagged a prius this morning on an icey spot. LoL.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I agree with that, the point I was trying to get at was that there are many people afraid to drive a RWD vehicle in the winter, and lots of people who spend a fortune buying a second vehicle because they dont' wanna drive the stang in the winter. By all means, if you have another vehicle, there's nothing wrong with that...but the Mustang does as well in snow as most other 2WD vehicles I've ever driven.

I even prefer RWD to FWD in the winter...much easier to correct an oversteer than it is an understeer when your drive wheels spin. Much more fun, too!

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Crazy001 said:
I agree with that, the point I was trying to get at was that there are many people afraid to drive a RWD vehicle in the winter, and lots of people who spend a fortune buying a second vehicle because they dont' wanna drive the stang in the winter. By all means, if you have another vehicle, there's nothing wrong with that...but the Mustang does as well in snow as most other 2WD vehicles I've ever driven.

I even prefer RWD to FWD in the winter...much easier to correct an oversteer than it is an understeer when your drive wheels spin. Much more fun, too!
I have driven stangs in the snow as my only car and yes, they are not great but not horrible if you know what you are doing, plus the new front-rear weight ratio is just about even with the ones which should help quite a bit. I think people are just trying to avoid the dreaded salt water mixture too. I also wonder how many have driven rear wheel cars in the snow also. I do have to disagree with you on front wheel drive vs rear wheel drive in the snow, to me there is no comparison, rear wheel drive just sucks in it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts