Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this disucion has come up several times, and I would like to revisit it. Lately I have seen 3 Mustangs (99-04) that have had 20" wheels and I thought they were 18"s. I am getting ready to purchase some wheels. My first thought was 18"s staggered 9 in the front and 10s in the rear. The 1st link is to a set of 20"s that are actually cheaper than the set of 18s (2nd link) that I was planning on purchasing. I have seen several (99-04)s with 20"s that looked terrible. But I was thinking with the correct wheels could it.....mmm look good? All opinions are greatly appreciated.

20"s
Series 336 Wheel Kits at LRS

18"s
Series 399 Wheel Kits at LRS

·
Registered
551 Posts
If you were talking about a S197 then I'd say go for it. But in my opinion on a New Edge SN-95 they are too big and will likely take away from handling and ride quality.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i cant seem to find a pic, but one time i saw a bullitt mustang, that had been lowered with what looked like soemthing along the sportline range, and it had 20" deep dish bullet wheels on it. i thought it looked about perfect, but i also think it depends on the stang, and offset of the wheels, not to mention the design of the wheel itself.... i could see the one syou have pictured looking good if done just right..

S

·
0 Posts
Just my .02 but I like a little more sidewall on the SN95 and New Edge Stangs and 20's wouldn't really allow for that. Just my opinion. I honestly think you'd be happier with the staggered 18's even if they are a bit more.

Buying another set of tires when you go through the first set will be cheaper than if you had to go with sizes for a 20 inch rim.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
874 Posts
Here's staggered 18's on a lowered stang. 20's sacrifice ride quality and handling. Not to mention..... one pot hole and your buying another 20" wheel. 20's look cool on SN95's but they aren't as practical as 18's.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I really like 18's, but the cost of tires is a consideration too. That car yomad posted looks great though, I'm a big fan of the FR500's, they're what I want to get when I do the wheels

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guy and yes yomadmike the fr's look great. I say a mustang today 96,97,98 one of thoughs and I was sure they were 18's but again the were 20's. However I do plan on lowering the car so I think that settles it 18's staggered is the way to go. By the way here are a few pics the car was running (well it wasnt running it looked broke down) the car was SITTING in someones yard with 245-35-20 on the front and 255-35-20 on the rear I snapped a few pics with my phone

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.