Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What do you guys predict the rwhp/torque #'s will be?
2. Will the 5.0 be capable of power adders?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
well with a manual transmission i usually figure about 15% loss in drivetrain,
that would leave 350/330 Rwhp/Rwtq

Forced induction i would hesitate on due to such high compression, unless of course you built the internals accordingly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,666 Posts
this topic has been debated several times and there are numerous threads here in this section alone about it.

I am thinking about 370ish for RWHP on a manual, and about 350ish torque.

As for a power adder, there isn't forged internals so it can take a low boost power adder, nothing huge. but then again, its not out yet. just wait a few months after the tuners get their hands on it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
I'm a little bit behind on the 2011, I'm stuck in 2007:D. What's the body going to be like? S198 right? Is it the same as the 2010? How much will the GT cost, can I afford one, So many questions...my head hurts:shocked:

(Btw, the last one's rhetorical;))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
Im stuck in 03 lol,I really hope it can take at least 9 psi of boost.then i might think about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man 370ish rwhp for around 30 large. and it's not much heavier than the 2010's.

i'm just worried that my 06 gt could be faster if i just drop a supercharger in it. i would be upset to learn that the 2011's are not safe for later power adders. i don't know. what do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,785 Posts
Shelby put a blower on the 5.0 in their GT350 and it's making at least 525hp. I guarantee one can get a hell more out of it than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
well idk about yall but im stuck on 66 and ima stay there lol ohh and i have no clue on the new 5.0 but i hope it lives up to its name
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
2011 rocks

Well the only thing I really wanna know about is the cost...
I KNOW for SURE it can take more power...Shelby put new heads, and a Supercharger on it so Im sure it can take more power.
and RWHP Im guessing 370-380 My guess would be 390.. remember it's new technology it probably won't loose THAT much power.... cause its got 412 to the crank...
It looks so hot!
I really wanna get one, I wonder how much insurance will be on a new 2011th. and what the actual price might be, iv heard a base price of 30k i've also heard just under 45k. Im not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
man 370ish rwhp for around 30 large. and it's not much heavier than the 2010's.

i'm just worried that my 06 gt could be faster if i just drop a supercharger in it. i would be upset to learn that the 2011's are not safe for later power adders. i don't know. what do you guys think?
To put in in perspective when the 06 was new it barely had 300 hp. you're getting 110+ hp MORE out of the same vehicle. Its a huge achievment for Ford imo. they took the half step to sohc etc in 96 and the dohc cobra.

I am 99% sure I will order one the other 1% just says wait to see what the 12 is going to look like and wait to see if the engine will have direct injection. DI = free 5-30 hp or so on a 400+ hp motor. phenomenal and something I would hate to see happen right after I buy one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Well the only thing I really wanna know about is the cost...
I KNOW for SURE it can take more power...Shelby put new heads, and a Supercharger on it so Im sure it can take more power.
and RWHP Im guessing 370-380 My guess would be 390.. remember it's new technology it probably won't loose THAT much power.... cause its got 412 to the crank...
It looks so hot!
I really wanna get one, I wonder how much insurance will be on a new 2011th. and what the actual price might be, iv heard a base price of 30k i've also heard just under 45k. Im not sure.
A Ford Dealership, Price Ford, is a member and site sponsor. I was looking at his threads a little while ago and found this thread that has some pricing listed; http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/price-ford/214282-2011-mustang-price-list.html

Mark, the GSM at the dealership, is taking factory orders and will have it shipped to the dealer of your choice for NO additional costs. You will have to pay shipping, but it's the same that you'd have to pay anyhow.

I'm not affiliated with this dealership in any way, just to let you guys know, I just read it a couple hours ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
To put in in perspective when the 06 was new it barely had 300 hp. you're getting 110+ hp MORE out of the same vehicle. Its a huge achievment for Ford imo. they took the half step to sohc etc in 96 and the dohc cobra.

I am 99% sure I will order one the other 1% just says wait to see what the 12 is going to look like and wait to see if the engine will have direct injection. DI = free 5-30 hp or so on a 400+ hp motor. phenomenal and something I would hate to see happen right after I buy one.
Ford seems to wait at least 5 years before making modifications to engines. You might have to wait until the NEXT gen. Mustang for direct injection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,597 Posts
Just talked to my tuner (alternative auto) and he ordered one today. Said he cant wait to get his hands on it and is not worried about the compression as the cobras were at 10.1. What he seemed most excited about was the new 6 speed auto. I guess it is very similar to the GM unit.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top