Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest issue of Car and Driver has an article titled "The 400 Club; Our Five Favorite 400-HP or More Vehicles For About $20,000"
#1 is the 2011 Mustang GT. The others are a 2003 Mercedes SL55 AMG, a 2005 Corvette, a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, and a 2007 Audi S6.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Very cool! I love my 2011 GT. pony.jpg

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Crazy thing is that a 2003 SL55 AMG had a base MSRP of $120,000 when new.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
About $20K? Us only. Only car there under $20K was the Jeep for around $15K, 2011 GT's are still getting $22K+. Sink the other $7K into a SRT8 Jeep and the Mustang won't stand a chance. So for pure performance/dollar the Jeep wins hands down.

That being said, I would never get rid of my notch, lol.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Crazy thing is that a 2003 SL55 AMG had a base MSRP of $120,000 when new.
And when you go to buy parts or have work done on it, you'll get charged like you spent $120K on a car. I know a guy with an '01 SL600. He had to have the auto-leveling suspension fixed, $7500, and he was able to swing a deal on parts, normally it's $8K+.

BTW, do you know what AMG stands for "After My Gold". From what I've been told, M-B repair costs are high and AMG is at another level.

·
Registered
232 Posts
They forgot about the Trailblazer SS.... You might be able to pick a 06-07 for under 18k I think...

Also the Ram srt10... I would think it would be under 20k?!?!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't think I will never get a Mercedes... I hear that you can only take it to Mercedes to get the oil change... Is that true?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm pretty sure that comes from the fact that they have no oil drain. So the oil has to be sucked out using a hose inserted to the dipstick tube. Many German cars are like that now. Even the Cooper.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Amg service is expensive. Then you take it to Brabus and spend more money to make it fast. Now the service is rediculous. I talked to a guy with a Brabus S55. $8,000 for a fuel pump. Screw that.

·
Registered
424 Posts
About $20K? Us only. Only car there under $20K was the Jeep for around $15K, 2011 GT's are still getting $22K+. Sink the other $7K into a SRT8 Jeep and the Mustang won't stand a chance. So for pure performance/dollar the Jeep wins hands down.

You can find 11's in the 18K range with a bit higher miles all day long and 20K will get you a nice one.

·
Registered
424 Posts
And when you go to buy parts or have work done on it, you'll get charged like you spent $120K on a car. I know a guy with an '01 SL600. He had to have the auto-leveling suspension fixed, $7500, and he was able to swing a deal on parts, normally it's $8K+.

BTW, do you know what AMG stands for "After My Gold". From what I've been told, M-B repair costs are high and AMG is at another level.
Yep. My old boss had an SL55 AMG a few years back, it spent more time in the shop than on the road.

·
Registered
256 Posts

Bought my GT/CS Vert september 2013. Fully loaded Nav the works with 20K miles off ebay for 24k.
They are out there if you search

1 - 14 of 14 Posts