Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked the Freeon and replaced the cycle switch. The A/C clutch turns on and off on and off.....when you turn the A/C on. Anyone else had this problem or have any ideas what it is. Thanks.

·
Registered
491 Posts
What exactly is the problem, no cold air, no air blowing ????:?:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
As far as I know, only two things will cause your clutch to cycle on and off like that: low freeon or a bad clutch cycling switch. You've got me stumped.

·
Registered
701 Posts
1st
check the electric connector going to the AC compressor. It might be loose.

2nd
If you dont have sufficient pressure, the clutch wont engage. Check for loose connector at the pressure switch.
Do a proper pressure test. follow all the instructions.

-> If that does not help, your local dealership will be glad to help you out.
(ask for a cost estimation, if not you might get a$$ raped)

·
Registered
701 Posts
What do you mean with:
"it doesn't take it?"

If you use the type of refilling that Wall*Mart offers, you have to put the hose with the pressure gage on the R134A can, turn in the screw that punctures the can, down.
To release the gas out of the can, you then have to loosen (unscrew) the can from the hose, but only about 1/2 to 1 revolution. You should feel that the can gets lighter. (hold can upside down)

Only do that with the motor running, and the A/C full performance working. You won't get any gas into the system unless the motor is not running.

Make sure that the connector on the car is properly working.
You can use a screw driver and push the valve indide the connector of the A/C system.

!!!!!! W A R N I N G !!!!!
BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE FREON! YOU GET A SHOT OF FREON IN YOUR EYE, YOU CAN GET BLIND!!!!!!!!!

An other problem might occur if you overfilled the A/C - I THINK they have something like a safety switch which disables the compressor, just to prevent any damage to the system. But I am not 100 % sure on that with the Mustangs. My SAAB had one.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Gonna have to put some gauges on it

·
Registered
701 Posts
engineer76 said:
What do you mean with:
"it doesn't take it?"

If you use the type of refilling that Wall*Mart offers, you have to put the hose with the pressure gage on the R134A can, ...
F"%&ing notebook key board...
GAUGE not gage :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
mbscowboy said:
well if its too full will it still take it?
Get one of those kits from WALL*MART, they have a gauge on them. You see immediately if it is over filled or not.
Make sure that the gauge shows the pressure in at the right ambient temperature.

If your system is way to full, it shouldn't take it any more. Also if the system is way to full, you don't have a pressure drop any more which is the improtant factor for "procucing cold gas".

·
Registered
491 Posts
If the charge is correct might want to check out the A/C controls in the inside of the vehicle. Might have a plentium valve stuck or something not letting it switch to cold

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.