Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 7470 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Ill start it out.

This car was the easiest Ive ever changed oil on!
next time I will cover the line right below the filter so it does'nt get soaked every oil change.

The bird poop comes off like nothing with Zaino. Its like a teflon finish.

man, 500 miles and avg MPG is 16-18.

Wherever this thread wants to go, may it go!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I am on it!

I hit the Zaino site and gosh..... so many products.... I don't know what to buy. Seems they have a good following here. Can you suggest a "kit"? I saw one that had an accelerator in it and I can't think what that would be used for.....

I am looking for expert opinions for the care of my Stang with their product line...

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
I am on it!

I hit the Zaino site and gosh..... so many products.... I don't know what to buy. Seems they have a good following here. Can you suggest a "kit"? I saw one that had an accelerator in it and I can't think what that would be used for.....

I am looking for expert opinions for the care of my Stang with their product line...
My personal opinion is to get the accelerator. It helps the polish "cure". I wasted some in my first get go. One ounce will do for two coats. I also recommend the z-6 spray, it really works. I did not but the kit, only because I did not feel the need for a scratch remover and that is the only item in the kit I did not order. If you think you need the remover, or will have leather, then get the big kit, unless you have a different preference for a leather product.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
My personal opinion is to get the accelerator. It helps the polish "cure". I wasted some in my first get go. Once ounce will do for two coats. I also recommend the z-6 spray, it really works. I did not but the kit, only because I did not feel the need for a scratch remover and that is the only item in the kit I did not order. If you think you need the remover, or will have leather, then get the big kit, unless you have a different preference for a leather product.

thanks guys for the link! keep chatin bout it...its late here..I gotta get to bed...nite :)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Waffle weave microfiber towels are a must too! God I cant believe I use to use cheap stolen hotel towels to dry my black tbird. no wonder it looked like crap!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dang waxed, I used almost the 4/5th the 2 oz bottle. Its sorta hard to see the wax as your applying on the Tungsten color. I musta done alot of overlapping, lol. Next coat ill be sure to pay closer attention.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I bought three of the $20 Microfiber bath towels from Bed Bath and Beyond. They feel softer than Eqyptian cotton so I went for them against the recommendation of Zaino.com. When using one (a cut piece from the towel) to wash the car, I could not believe how truly soft they are. I then used one towell to dry the car. I don't know what you mean by "waffle weave" but if its what I'm thinking of, I cut off any part that was not "fluffy" and had weave, including the ends and edges of the towels.

I think I went a tad too light on the first half of the first coat. But keep in mind 6+ yrs of doing washing/waxing/detailing cars for a living, rather training others to do it (I would always detail out my own car.)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I user towels to dry the car...not remove wax. Old t-shirts are great for removing wax and polishing your car.

·
Registered
829 Posts
guys..take a look at your paint in the light; look deep to the bottom, (not the surface). I see swirl sand scratches that appear to be from about 180 grit jitterbug sander..... I noticed when my '05 was new it had soft paint. I put a gouge in it from my fingernail. Now the paint has settle down and done its evaporating stuff and looks to have laid into the primer coat without much of a filler coat after sanding. It is something an experienced eye can see... Take a look and let me know if you have the sand scratches....

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Ragnar said:
I user towels to dry the car...not remove wax. Old t-shirts are great for removing wax and polishing your car.
Yes, but I would simply recommend using only the softest material to touch the paint. The premium towels provide "cushion" to any possible debris and the t-shirt will probably not. imo, but use what you like. Ask 100 people, get 100 different opinions. Take mine with a grain of whatever it is.:laughlitt

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
guys..take a look at your paint in the light; look deep to the bottom, (not the surface). I see swirl sand scratches that appear to be from about 180 grit jitterbug sander..... I noticed when my '05 was new it had soft paint. I put a gouge in it from my fingernail. Now the paint has settle down and done its evaporating stuff and looks to have laid into the primer coat without much of a filler coat after sanding. It is something an experienced eye can see... Take a look and let me know if you have the sand scratches....
Sorry, Only saw a couple of very minor paint imperfections and some small black spots that were removed with the clay bar. I have a trained eye for paint finishes and do not see what you are talking about. Maybe I was one of the "lucky" ones????

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I'm looking and I see nuttin'. Wanna know why? 'Cause I got nuttin'. Still waiting for my damn car!:kooky:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
Well from a fellow who is thinking of selling an 02 vette for the new style mustang,I have had some disapointments looking at this car. I understand its built as an afordable performance car and the reason for me wanting one is because I loved the earley mustangs and feel this is the nicest looking mustang I have seen on a show room flor since the 1970 model year. That being said look into the paint in floresent lights.and you can see thru the paint down to the bottom finish and as described you can see the work marks. I am not a professtional paint guy and its plain as day,So you dont get me wrong I am not slamming the car,as a matter of fact i cant stop stairing at one when I see them.

I am holding off on my purchase until I see the Mach 1 I just hope they put the shacker hood on it and I would have no choice but to buy one.

Now on zaino.
I used it on my yellow vette and was not so impressed.But I used it on a 1967 Black cadillac deville I own and the reulst were spectacular.It made the paint look BLACK and deep.after your first couple of coats it gets easeyer and you use less product on the car. I guess the deeper the color the better results

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, If I have to look this hard to see what I cant see, Im not gonna worry about it, lol.

Thanks for the input on the Zaino, more experience, opinions, the better we are.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The owner of Zaino occasionally pops in onto the Corvette Forum, and has said that a common problem is that people go too heavy on the coat. Go light he says, for better results.
Now I say, get micro fiber towels and use them for nothing else but the Mustang. Take your wash and dry towels and cut the borders off. Rip the labels off. And the number one answer is: Refrain from touching your vehicle.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I used about 100 year old bath towels that are 100% cotton, to wax and dry, works very well, very soft like a baby's butt. I have been washing my car about everyother day now, can't stand it when it's dirty. I already have 4 coats of Zaino on it already, when will the madness stop? :eyepoppin

On another off topic rant, I have been driving a S-10 under powered 4 banger Chevy pickup for 8 years and have not had so many close calls with people hitting me as with my Mustang of only a few weeks, just yesterday, I was comming to a stop at a 4-way intersection and noticed a pickup about 4 car lengths to the right of me, I thought no problem, so I made my stop and just as I made my left, I see this idiot with his fender inches away from my side, he just decided to blow right through the stop, If he would have hit me, he would have ended up kissing the asphalt.:shocked:

Then the other day, I was coming to a stop light, just a couple car lenghts from the light and this idiot cuts right in front of me and slams on his brakes.
Anyone else have these close calls since you got your new one? I am getting very nervous about driving it anymore.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Ragnar said:
I'm looking and I see nuttin'. Wanna know why? 'Cause I got nuttin'. Still waiting for my damn car!:kooky:
It was suggested to me to have the dealer call the yard, I did that, the next day I got the call.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
PC...Funny you should note how close you have come to so many accidents already. I think you'll need to learn to live with that...sad to say. I have the same issue with my current 2000 silver Mustang. I refer to it as my stealth car because it seems no one can see it. I have never been so close to so many accidents. Had I not taken some form of avoidance action I'd probably be dead by now. Sometimes I wish I was driving an M1 Tank. I'm hoping the windveil blue is a little more visible.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
pcfrisch said:
It was suggested to me to have the dealer call the yard, I did that, the next day I got the call.
I did that yesterday and my salesman said he thinks he saw my car on the hauler go past the dealership to their other yard where they prep the cars. Said he'd probably be calling me last night or today. No call last night so...

I feel like I'm at a missile launch and we're at T-10 and holding.

1 - 20 of 7470 Posts