Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in your opinions... but so far in my opinion this is the best sounding exhaust system I've heard for the new 2011 v6 Mustang.

YouTube - ‪2011 Mustang V6 3.7L BBK Long Tube Headers and Off Road X-Pipe - Roush Axle Back vs. Stock Exhaust‬‏

I'm mostly referring to the beginning of the video, where he is pulling up to the garage.

My question is, if I buy JUST the roush axlebacks, how close will it sound to this, without the other stuff he's done (I do have Airaid CAI already though).

·
Registered
565 Posts
Sounds good:bigthumbsup You won't get that sound with just axlebacks though. At least an H or X pipe I would say...but what do I know....:yelwacko:

B

·
0 Posts
I think it comes down to how much you drive your car. I wouldn't mind that setup if I only drove it casually. But I drive mine quite a bit and my current setup is already pretty loud since the mufflers are basically pass throughs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Roush axlebacks alone are the sex I had them. Then I got the LT's and O/R X and it was so loud I wanted to kill myself. That video does not do justice to how loud that setup really is. Roush axle backs alone will be good for you but do not get them if you plan on doing headers.

B

·
0 Posts
I would agree. Honestly none of the videos really demonstrate how loud any of the exhaust options can be. I think mine is as loud as the Roush ABs. And luckily no drone after break in.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I think it sounds mean as hell but would get old on a daily driver.

The reason it is as radical is it is is because of the off-road x-pipe but it will still be extreme even with cats.

The axle-back by itself is one of my favorite exhausts.

If you will search down this forum section there is a very long thread about the Roush exhaust with a number of videos.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it sounds mean as hell but would get old on a daily driver.

The reason it is as radical is it is is because of the off-road x-pipe but it will still be extreme even with cats.

The axle-back by itself is one of my favorite exhausts.

If you will search down this forum section there is a very long thread about the Roush exhaust with a number of videos.
Yeah I've seen a ton of videos with the roush Axlebacks, I definitely do not plan on doing pipes or headers right now, just CAI, exhaust, and a tune... but the tune will be a few months down the road. I drive 30-40 minutes every day to work back and forth and I don't want a headache, but I do want it to be noticeably loud.... like if I am in a parking lot and a bunch of 12 year old are in the street and won't get the F out of the way, I can floor it and almost make them **** themselves, I have a feeling the Roush will do that :).

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
12 year old girls maybe.
LOL hilarious, perhaps I gave a bad example? I came up with that because today when I got home there were like 5, 12-15 year olds playing basketball in the only parking spot available and it took them longer to move than I would have preferred :).... I stepped on the gas just a bit and they all moved, when I got out of the car one of the kids asked if I had a turbo (assuming from the CAI sound).

J

·
0 Posts
I've been considering the LT's with high flow cats on Xpipe, but I have the Magnaflow Street series. I watched a couple of vids and the headers/xpipes make it sound just nasty, too much for my daily driver. Maybe Borla Touring might calm it down a tad? Now I'm thinking just hiflow cats, even kicking around snowperformance water/methanol injection since I don't want the LTs anymore....

YouTube - ‪2011 V6 Mustang Axleback & Longtube Headers‬‏

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
No reason to replace the cats, as stockers go they flow pretty well.

And I don't see a water/meth kit doing you much good either, better off just using premium gas.

·
Registered
203 Posts
well it really sounds good!!:bigthumbsup but man it is way to loud! this setup will disrespect your neighbors :nono: !cant do! but the car sound s like crap on the inside!!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I think it sounds pretty obnoxious actually. Definitely not what I would want on my car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That setup with the roush's is my favorite so far, only reason i havent gotten it yet is that borla and bassani are still coming out with headers and i wanna compare the sounds. In my opinion one of the few setups that sounds like a real muscle car, as opposed to the magnaflow video. No offense to anyone, but that sound is wayyy to ricey.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That setup with the roush's is my favorite so far, only reason i havent gotten it yet is that borla and bassani are still coming out with headers and i wanna compare the sounds. In my opinion one of the few setups that sounds like a real muscle car, as opposed to the magnaflow video. No offense to anyone, but that sound is wayyy to ricey.
I agree, I think this video is hands down the best sounding sytem I've heard... I just wonder how loud it is in the cabin. I got to hear Dynomax in person last night and it sounded great, but a bit too quite for what I'm looking for. I want noticebly loud, but not obnoxiously loud.

How do you like your magnaflow setup? I've heard VERY mixed things, some people think they are awesome, others say too ricey... some say no drone, some say terrible drone.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts