Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This post doesn't really have any significance other then the fact that i am so proud to own a Mustang.

As many of you know, i work for a local Honda dealer here in Calgary. Many people looked at me crazy when I told them i was buying a Mustang. Since I got the car 2 weeks ago, i have received nothing but compliments from salesman, service advisers, technicians and lot attendants. That alone makes me smile from ear to ear. I have had a lot of quick and impressive import cars but by far my most gratification....

I was cruising around town last night, I was making a left on a four way and as i made my left, sitting there was a absolutely vintage, BOSS 302 Stang. As i drove by him I made eye contact and he gave me the brotherhood nod.

There i am driving a 11 v6, and this guy, driving a pure dream of a Mustang acknowledges me as one of "us" completely made my day.

Again, I hate to waist a thread but I can not express how happy I am to be a Mustang man.

Feel free to share your own story's.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i get that a lot. not from 302 boss's but from other mustangs on the road, we give the friendly Hand Moving up off the steering wheels as to say Hello. or nods. I actually had a guy in a truck stare at my car at a stop light w/ my girl in it and he was like nodding his head and thumbs upping my car and said nice ride. i know he wouldn't have done that to a riced out honda :)

-Joe

·
Registered
552 Posts
It seems like everytime I go to get gas I'd have someone talk to me about my ride. Makes you proud.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Very few vehicles have a crowd like that. Namely stangs and harleys. I suggest studying up on mustangs from the beginning. You will be absolutely AMAZED at the stories you hear, the connections you make, and experiences you will get if you are able to hold a conversation with the guy next to you in the 1969 Mach 1. They are used to "Oh cool dude!!!! How much horsepower does it make??!?!?". They are not as used to someone looking under the hood and knowing their car has the 428 Cobra Jet option instead of the 351 two barrel that came stock. That also applies to the newer crowd with modifications. You can get some great tips if you can discuss the differences between Kenny Brown and Griggs. Owners will be glad to sit down with you and actually talk, not just rattle off basic stats.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
hey plenty of significance there bud, It's a MUSTANG. Be the proud owner much respect. No waste of a thread. The fact you are a proud owner is worthy enough as it is. Congrats

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got my first thumbs up at a stoplight yesterday. Awesome feeling!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Welcome to the club. One thing is for sure. Your buddies at work driving their Hondas will not have the same brotherhood.

I'm not bashing Japanese cars, but when will the get a little personality? There are very few, such as the GTR and 370Z. The others all look the same.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The first weekend I got mine I was taking off from the light and a guy in a truck on the other side of the road was staring with his jaw dropped. It's an amazing feeling to see someone do that at your car. I've also had many mustang owners on the road stare and give the nod. It's the same acknowledgment I receive when I take out the '66.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Interestingly, I had a BMW 330 pull up next to me at a red light and he rolled down the his window as to ask a question. I lowered my passenger window and He said" is that the new 2011? After answering at least ten questions, he said"I need to get one of those!

A true testament to how incredible these 2011's are. I can't wait to see the main stream buzz later this year. By the way, love the new Road and Track magazine comparison which shows our stang beating up on the Camaro.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
LOL us poor 10 owners dont get that reaction. Maybe when i had my 65.....

Well i get it from drive through window clerks who notice my 8 inch nav screen and teenage girls who notice the sequential tail lights...hahah

Maybe im living in camaro land around here.

I know in atlanta you dont get noticed unless you are driving an m5, R8, i have even seen ferraris and bentlys around....

The 350s, mustangs etc get ignored for the most part.

·
Registered
344 Posts
'First Class 'Stang!

Hey Cpt.Carnage, as you can see from most all of your fellow Mustang brethren your post is absolutely NOT a waste and is truly inspiring and refreshing to know that most Mustang owners truly love their cars and not just their 'Stangs but the heritage, history and legacy that goes with these iconic cars. :laughlitt

I, like you and the rest of the Mustang brotherhood, absolutely LOVE these cars! I live, think, bleed and breathe Mustang well maybe I am not completely balanced but we only get one life so I for one plan to make the most of it...I can't think of a single car that gets me more excited to talk about and the pure intoxicating adreneline rush that we get by just driving and talking about than the venerable Ford Mustang! :gringreen

I have had this passion for Mustang's since I was just a little boy (now a young 46) when I was able to talk my poor 'ol mother into buying me a magazine back in the late 60's very early 70's that had the Mustang on the front cover. Life has NEVER been the same since...trust me on this one! :)

Cpt.Carnage, you have made my day by posting a thread that honors and truly recognizes the car for what it is...a true iconic legend! I unequivocally share your same opinion and passion for the Mustang and it sure makes you feel good when we get that nod or other physical or verbal gesture of unity and recognition that is ONLY comes with THE LEGEND! :worship

Thank you for your VERY inspiring post as it sure puts everything into perspective for me regarding owning a car that makes me feel really proud to me an American and honered to own such a significant time-proven iconic legend muscle car named the "Mustang"! Life just doesn't get any better! Take care, Jack :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have only had my 5.0 two days now and already getting the looks. Have had a couple older Mustang GTs speed up alongside of me just to get a look at it. Probably because I haven't even seen a 5.0 in town except the one I'm driving and 2 more on the Ford dealer car lot.

My wife said when she went to the grocery store with the 5.0 there were a bunch of boys staring at her. I mean the car, not my wife, but she's a good looker too! Lol!

[[[smoke]]]

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,579 Posts

Well i get it from drive through window clerks who notice my 8 inch nav screen and teenage girls who notice the sequential tail lights...hahah

Maybe im living in camaro land around here.

I know in atlanta you dont get noticed unless you are driving an m5, R8, i have even seen ferraris and bentlys around....

The 350s, mustangs etc get ignored for the most part.
I guess you need to move up to Knoxville, no matter where I go I get comments about my 2010, and the questions I get about the color are amazing. I am guessing that the younger crowd does not know Grabber Blue came out in the Late 60's

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great post Capt. It sure helps to remember what this passion is all about. I was reading one of my Mustang books and I didn't know ford was ready to put the irs in the 66's and shelby did just as good with the regular axle.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Your kidding right? The '10 looks like the '11 GT and V6 except for emblems and the V6 fogs....I get those kind of compliments every time I take mine out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am glad this threads had such a good response. When I was looking at buying a car, i was comparing the Mustang to a v6 Genesis and a Nissan Z. All roughly 300 horse, rear wheel drive with 6 speeds which is exatcly what i was looking for in a car. The Mustang obviously won out on that comparisson but now that I have had the car for about two weeks with 700 miles on it, i think of i diffrentley. Before, it was just a car that fell into my comaprison but now, when I see a Genesis or a Z on the road, I think what it would be like if i was driving either of those. I truley beleive i wouldent be nearly as passionate about those cars as I am about my Mustang. Now i must admit, I am completley unbiased about cars. Japanese, European or domestic, I would buy whatever won out in a car in the same price range. Now that i have the Mustang, I am really proud of owning a car designed and built in America with all its heritage.

Even though I live in Canada, I think its a joke that both the Carmaro and Challender are built in Ontario. I am so proud my VIN starts with 1.

Quick side question, this is my first brand new car. Will the engine continue to improve power as it is broken in? I know it will improve milage but it should also make more power later on correct?

·
Registered
381 Posts
its my first mustang and I'm having a blast with it.

Driving through downtown I've had guys sitting on their porch call out nice car, I've had little kids playing basketball in the street yell out i love that car.

lol my girlfriend hates it but girls constantly checking me out even when shes sitting right beside me, hey i know its the car but I'll take what I can get :D

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
unfortunatelly around here its not like that. people dont notice us mustang owners. i mean i see people watching the car go by all the time but nobody ever says anything. but when i go out with my friend and his 39' packard coupe, its a totally different story. compliments, thumbs up, and waves around every corner. even at the car shows, people just walk right by the old 5.0s. ive only had two people ever comeup and talk to me about the car at the local cruise nite in the past 2 years. maybe it will change when i start driving the car instead of my parents driving me around in it, but as of right now.....nothing.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I will add to my last post that I have had some amazing cars want to race me ( if that's flattery).

I have had two 911s, a 370, Evan an m5 and a viper. Now that's a compliment??? Lol

Interestingly enough so far the camaros are not interested except two kids who pulled a river pass on day in heavy traffic one day.

Challenger se drivers literally act embarrassed when a newer Gt happens to get next to them (with good reason though).

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've been getting the looks/nods while in my GT since the day I got it, even more so over the last week after I got the stripes painted on.

The girlfriend loves it. She rolls down the window anytime she's in the car. She wants to be seen.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.