Ford Mustang Forum banner

Which Hood Would You Choose?

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Well, so much for that Saleen hood, and the Mustang like you have it Tfalk; Steve Saleen got his company back and the S302 doesn`t seems to be alive anymore... Now we know why the Saleen hood has been out of stock for about 6 months...
See for yourself on the Saleen webiste: SMS Supercars - Lifestyle Performance Automobiles

And the article:

Steve Saleen Is Reunited With the Saleen Brand

Steve Saleen is Back in The Driver Seat of His Legacy and Heritage Launching Several New Saleen Models

Steve Saleen
I knew it had to be done in order to preserve the Saleen brand and to ensure the authenticity and high performance that our customers had come to expect.

Corona, CA (PRWEB) April 02, 2012

Famed racecar driver and automotive icon, Steve Saleen, announced today that the Saleen brand has been returned to its rightful place, himself. After several years of litigation, Steve Saleen has successfully regained control of the Saleen brand name and products that he created and built since 1984.

Direct link: Steve Saleen Is Reunited With the Saleen Brand

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't know that it's the end of the S302, should be interesting to see where things go from here with the merger of the 2 companies. Only time will tell. If they rebadge the other 2 grabber SMS cars that I know of so far, that will make mine a 1 of 3 for the color but I'm pretty sure it's still the only grabber blue convertible Saleen.

Did you check with the company I posted a link to? If anyone has or can get a hood, it would be them...

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Yeah, it will be interesting to see where Saleen is going now. I do hope they'll continue the S302, especially for the hood hehe as I think it looks awesome, but maybe find a way for the scoop to direct the air and keep away most water & dirt by coming in...

I've contacted Stage 3, and like everyone else they're out of stock! No wonder, that hood as been out of stock for over 6 months now...

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Bumping this thread up as I'm wondering why not many get these hoods for their Mustangs, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well, you already know my thoughts. LOL. How you liking Northern CA?

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
I like it better than L.A. thanks. I couldn't stand it anymore there...

So how does your hood holds with time, still love it? Still no water getting in while you wash it? You were suppose to do a little video like I did on the Saleen, remember?

It doesn't seems like many go for aftermarket hoods these days...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I like it better than L.A. thanks. I couldn't stand it anymore there...

So how does your hood holds with time, still love it? Still no water getting in while you wash it? You were suppose to do a little video like I did on the Saleen, remember?

It doesn't seems like many go for aftermarket hoods these days...
Yes, love the VIS Hood. I only get a few drops of water on the black plastic radiator cover after I wash it. The water diverter on the VIS makes the water go down that way so it does not get on your engine. I was going to make a video but my camera died. It only takes photos now and for some reason won't do videos. I plan on buying a new camera this year so maybe after I get it.

I am a little concerned when I get over 120 MPH. The hood seams to try to lift at high speeds. Just like the factory hood did. I know the factory latch is good but it still makes me nervous. I bought some custom hood pins and will be having them installed on Saturday (tomorrow). I will post some photos.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Yeah my fear also with these wide scoops, is plenty of air going right in and might "lift up" the hood at high speed (not that I go at high speed often but still...)
Will be waiting for the pics. :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sorry, I forgot about this thread. Here is the photo after hood pin installation. They were engraved, "GT/CS". :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Saleen looks like the better hood

·
Registered
128 Posts
Getting my VIS hood installed at the beg of August. I shall post pics up after the install. I cant wait. :kooky:p.s. I have had the hood for the past year and a half. It is about time, haha.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have read that you should ride around with your fiberglass hood on a week or so before you get it painted, so it doesn't crack after it gets painted...... I dunno but it's sexy! Getting it painted next Friday!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
128 Posts
It will get painted next weekend!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Another pic from a few yards away!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not sure if I'm a fan of Alejandro's hood!!

121 - 140 of 141 Posts