Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would the best spark plugs for my set up be?? im about to replace them and figured ill see what all your input is.. Thanks!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Autolite HT1's so I've been told on here.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha.. i figured the first responce would be that.. other then them.. im not trying to pay almost 10 a piece for spark plugs..lol..then 25 so you can gap them since they are different then any other plug.. thanks thou :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was going to replace my plugs and called local Mustang performance shop.They told me no the best choice need to go with a colder plug.I also called another performance place and ask if stock plugs or aftermarket plug,they said go with aftermarket,make sense.

Shop around,call some local shop ask what they would run.Good luck

·
Registered
1994 Black on Black Cobra
104 Posts
Autolite or Motorcraft copper plugs, stick with the copper plugs,
they work best with our 5.0 motors.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
i like autolite platinum 25's gapped to .045". i.ve been experimenting with different plugs and gaps for a while and this is the one that seems to work the best.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hey LOWERED, txt me when u get time

·
Registered
842 Posts
I always heard n used Autolites......

·
Registered
842 Posts
haha.. i figured the first responce would be that.. other then them.. im not trying to pay almost 10 a piece for spark plugs..lol..then 25 so you can gap them since they are different then any other plug.. thanks thou :bigthumbsup
Hey LOWERED, when ru going to get that thing back on the road? I wanna see it n not in ur driveway....lol Figure out a Hooters in between us...lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hahaha Joey.. real funny.. actually should be this weekend. hopefully ill get an early start on saturday and then hopefully have decent weather on sunday.. if so it should be up this weekend.. and hooters sounds good to me.. maple shade hooters it is then!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Sounds like a plan...was there the other night watching the Flyers kick a$$..:) I will txt you later, turned into a very busy day...:) Money, Money, Money...whoo hoooooo

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i cant get texts right now.. just call

·
Registered
995 Posts
good old autolite 25's and gap at .054-.055 and you wont have any issues and they only are like a $1 a plug

·
Registered
826 Posts
just to let ya guys know...autolites are made in china now...screw that cheap china crap...anyways i would go w/ the motorcraft plugs...stock plugs for these cars seem to work the best!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bosch 4 ground, simply the best I've ever used. They last longer (about 4 times as long) and the engine idles smoother (mine idles spot on). Sure, they're $6 or more to buy, but since 95% of the job is labor putting the best plug in is cost effective. My 5.0 returned 23 MPG the last tank of Super Shell (that's what I've always called Shell premium) with Bosch 4 grounds and a good NAPA cap & rotor. Clean the head threads, use anti-sieze, torque the plugs properly, use di-electric silicone on the connectors and bingo, no plug issues for the next 70,000 miles.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The Best, so I heard

I haven't replaced the plugs on my '08 yet but from what I've read and heard, you can't go wrong with Autolite and/or NGK...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.